Automated Trading Platform

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by mydann, Jul 18, 2011.

1. I am not a big fan of Trade Link or Open Quant, but there is alot that can be learned/leveraged from them.
    I understand that the combination TradeLink x TDAmeritrade isn't working, and you are disappointed that neither side is interested in resolving this. TradeLink has support for many other brokers, not just TD and IB.
    We had no difficulty coding to the TD interface ourselves, but that was pre-TOS. I have had no difficulty coding to IB, and I have recently coded to Blackwood and Sterling. So I know that they work.

There are lots of API x broker pairs that do work.

#11     Jul 29, 2011
  2. td ameritrade should be working also

#12     Jul 29, 2011
  3. mydann

mydann

I have tried more ways on my computer in the last couple of days. It looks like one of my application (IM application) causes the problem. I have uninstalled the applciaton and so far TradeLink works well. My appology to TradeLink if I hurt your reputation.

I was thinking to use TradeLink or NinjaTrader for my base automated trading system while coding the feed myself. Eventually I coded directly to TD Ameritrade API. So far it works very well over last week. Both TradeLink and NinjaTrader are too big and may include some potential bugs. My strategy is very simple and do not need all the fantastic features. It will definitely have much less bugs. ;-)

#13     Aug 6, 2011
  4. ActiveQuant

#14     Aug 6, 2011