Automated Trading Order Entry

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by OptMarketMaker, Jun 28, 2005.

1. I am almost a purely automated stock trader, but I am looking for a way to have limit and market orders routed through some sort of discretionary trading software application so I can manage my exits manually. I trade through interactive brokers. I have looked at "button trader" and I like the interface but there is no way for me to route my orders through their software without manually entering each trade.

I understand this is a rather specific problem, but if any one has any advice it would be much appreciated.

2. wizardx

wizardx

I'm not exactly clear on your problem, but EasyAPI can probably help you.

You can also do automated trading but avoid paying API fees when using EasyAPI.

http://easyapi.blogspot.com/

3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

in what way can it help, specifically .. or are u just spamming this thread ?

4. wizardx

wizardx

Not sure if you looked at the site yet. If you want to set up trades, wait for triggers, and execute them when your triggers are hit without having to type your orders directly into IB TWS, you can do that with EasyAPI.

If what you want to do is more complex than that, then EasyAPI may or may not completely solve your problem, but from what you've described it should at least partially solve your problem.

Peace.

5. It looks like "zeroline" can do what I am looking for, and it has recieved some favorable reviews on ET. Thanks for your help, wizardx.

6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

thx