Automated Trading Is Gambling

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by fordewind, Nov 4, 2017.

1. %%
    Or even read -- Market Makers Edge, book by Joshua Lukeman:D:cool: 6 month candle chart is not really gambling......................................................................................................

#61     Jun 15, 2018
  2. No, just use craps rules for the automation and you should be good.

#62     Jun 16, 2018
  3. Hey, old fart!Are you still around?:D

#63     Jun 16, 2018
  4. Trading is gambling in many ways but there are profitable gamblers. Believe it or not. What matters is whether you are profitable or not.

#65     Sep 23, 2018
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Trading is NOT gambling. Please cease from intimating as such. Thanks!

#66     Sep 23, 2018
  6. PistolPete

PistolPete

If you risk a dollar without the benefit of positive expectancy you are gambling , if you dont know your expectancy you are likely gambling . Positive expectancy is an edge . If you have defined your expectancy and it is negative and you still risk a dollar you are an idiot . Most traders are clueless on how to measure/calculate expectancy and they are gamblers . Skilled quants are the best traders in the world , the most successful fund on the planet in last 30 years is 100% mathematical . A lot of whats in this thread is dribble . Saying it cant be done is expressing your limitations not mine

#67     Sep 23, 2018
    billv and digitalnomad like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

For the last bloody time, trading is NOT gambling. Why does nobody ever wish to accept this fact?

Gee, didn't I read an article earlier this year about how "quants" were getting destroyed in profitability? Oh, yeah...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...el-from-worst-run-in-8-years-as-aqr-takes-hit

https://news.efinancialcareers.com/us-en/306928/how-to-get-a-job-in-a-quant-fund

*shrugs*

#68     Sep 23, 2018
  8. PistolPete

PistolPete

" I read an Article " hmmm well you are quite the guru .

"Trading is NOT gambling " hmmm that blanket statement succinctly covers all aspects

Close the thread down we have a genius that just summed it up

#69     Sep 23, 2018
  9. Overnight

Overnight

You are correct sir.

#70     Sep 23, 2018