Automated Trading Forex/stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sia.Nik, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Sia.Nik

Sia.Nik

Hi, I've been trading forex for the past 5 years with moderate-good success. Recently I've also got into the equity markets and for now I'm dipping my toes in the water and trying to get a feel for it.

... so far the technical are the same and not as much volatility as usd/yen, euro/usd..hehee

I am a CFA with a finance background and I am very serious about my trading life and as such I've read many many books on technical trading, and I have learned a lot.

The most important thing for is the emotional side of trading. most often than not, I'm right about the trades I make, but I usually get out too early, over analyze the situation or if in loosing trade I don't get out on time.

hope you're not bored yet...

now here is my question

I'm looking to develop an automated trading program to trade forex on daily basis to hopefully eliminate or at least limit the emotional aspect of trading. I have a close friend, some what of a genius with a PHD. in mathematics and masters in computer science who is more that happy to help me with the programming and implementation.

would you guys suggest any particular trading style that seems to be dominant over other styles. ie. scalping based on dips or breakouts, swing trading.

I just want to start on the right path and get some kind of idea as where to start.

I would be happy to post results and progress and share the system as it develops and once it's complete.

thank you kindly.