Automated Trading Championship 2012 Has Started!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by MetaQuotes, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quick evaluation of the top 10:

8 of them are keep losing or going sideways. One was a mild winner and honzour advanced good. FIFO seems to be inactive. The top trader hasn't really moved anywhere in 6 weeks. Generally the majority of the top is going nowhere. (the summary of their returns would be slightly negative)

Again, what has changed compared to October? Or did we just see survivorship bias in the first 4-5 weeks and now even that stop working???(we reached the survivors or the first month survivors?)

#41     Dec 3, 2012
  2. Humpy

Humpy

There should be a rule that states X amount is the minmum to be traded each week. Then the lucksters are under pressure. It could be a % of the initial deposit or of winnings.

#42     Dec 3, 2012
  3. they've been dealing with this for years in poker. Many pro players have a strategy that works over a lifetime, but not in the short life of a tournement. So they very rarely ever place.

To make a name for yourself in a tournement you have to make some outlandish bets that over a lifetime would come back and get you.

You see the same thing in baseball, what works over 165 games may not be the best way to go in a 7 game series.

#43     Dec 3, 2012
  4. TOP-10 Forecast from Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich)

Two-thirds of the Championship have passed already. The group of leaders is more or less stable and plenty of statistical data has already been obtained. This allows making some forecasts on TOP-10 Expert Advisors' behavior for the period till the end of the Championship.

This article reveals the forecast made by Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich) for each of the TOP-10 members for the remaining part of the Championship.

[​IMG]

Read the full article on the Championship's website - TOP-10 Forecast from Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich).

#44     Dec 4, 2012
  5. Championship's Ninth Week Minutes

Two months have passed since the start of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 and we are pleased to present the new "Championship's Minutes" with the data on the ninth week. We do not have "heroes", as most symbols can be called "loss-makers" this time. However, we still focus our attention on GBPJPY and USDJPY.

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average return of each trading deal.

[​IMG]

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Ninth Week Minutes.

#45     Dec 5, 2012
  6. Humpy

Humpy

Strange how metaquotes just ignores such a valid point. ?????????

If they want widespread credibility then I suggest metaquotes at least takes notice

:confused:

#46     Dec 5, 2012
  7. Interview with Alexandr Artapov (artall)
    Hello, Alexandr! How did you start your trading activity?
    I became interested in trading in 2000 when I occasionally bought the Valyutny Spekulyant ("Currency Trader") magazine. Besides, I always wondered, who those yelling and running people in the "pit" were? Apart from articles, reviews and interviews, that magazine also contained some publications on programming of a candle chart using MetaStock language. That has turned to be useful to some extent.

I started manual trading in autumn of 2000. I've managed to experience all nuances of ups and downs - both of the market and of my mood. Since I've always been interested in programming as the branch of Math, I tried to convert my emotions, as well as ideas and strategies to the programming language along with manual trading. Looking for the possibility of the automated trading, I have found MetaTrader (it was the third version). However, I started developing complex Expert Advisors only when MQL4 was released. One of my Expert Advisors participated in ATC 2006.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Alexandr Artapov (artall).

#47     Dec 10, 2012
  8. Tenth Week - Who Is The Leader?

By the end of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 tenth week the situation is such that it is difficult to clearly identify the leader. EA of Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar (JPAlonso) is still yet on the first place, but the gap continues to shrink at the alarming rate. Having a good start and earning more than $15,000 by the mid-week, this EA not only missed the best time to take profit, but also lowered deeper than on Monday.

[​IMG]

For the nearest rival honzour from the Czech Republic the tenth week started extremely unsuccessfully. By the weekend this trading robot closed position with the total loss of nearly $25,000 and now suffers a huge drawdown. Due to such a coincidence, the attack of Czech EA has fizzled out, and it was simply expulsed from the TOP-10. In the remaining three weeks such a turn of fate made the chances of winning quite vague. Many talk about an interview's disastrous effect, but it seems that for this participant it won't be necessary, in spite of his cunning hints.

Read the full article on the Championship's website Tenth Week - Who Is The Leader?

#48     Dec 11, 2012
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

So last week's big winner is already out of the top 10. Again, the summary of the top 10 is negative, even after removing the biggest loser it is breakeven at best.

Interesting thing that 3 robots on the bottom has almost identical performances, and their charts are exactly mirror images of the top robot's. How come???

#49     Dec 11, 2012
  10. Humpy

Humpy

Metaquotes won't even answer the queries ?? Either because :-
    1. They can't
    2. ?

#50     Dec 11, 2012