Automated Trading Championship 2012 Has Started!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by MetaQuotes, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Interview with Francisco García García (chuliweb)
    Francisco, tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from and what do you do?
    I'm from a small town Huéscar near Granada. I have a degree in Computer Science at the University of Granada and work by vocation as a school teacher. I enjoy my profession. I have registered at the MQL5.community to participate in the Championship as I wanted to test myself.

So you have some experience in programming?
    Yes, I write in many languages: C, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, ASP, LISP.While knowing the general principles well enough, it is not difficult to understand the features of a particular language. Each one of them fits its own range of tasks, you just need to choose the right tool.

Read the full article on the Championship's website - Interview with Francisco García García (chuliweb).

#11     Oct 17, 2012
  2. Interview with Alexander Prishchenko (Crucian)
    How long did it take to understand the basics of trading?
    There was a period of study, but not a long one. I bought Pound, opened the terminal a week later and found a fabulous sum on my trading account. )) I deposited a few dollars to my account and made some good trading until the Swiss National Bank performed currency intervention. I even started a forum thread about it because the price had jumped 200 points high.

Quite an exciting start. Have you studied some special materials?
    I have studied Elliott Wave Principle. I am trying to follow it right now. I tried to invent my own rules at first but then I realized that everything has been invented before us. So, I just need to thoroughly examine the theory and follow it to succeed. Of course, you also need to use your own experience, as the market is constantly changing.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Alexander Prishchenko (Crucian).

#12     Oct 18, 2012
  3. Championship's Second Week Minutes

Minutes of the Bank of England actuate GBP, minutes of the Bank of Japan actuate JPY, while Championship minutes actuate interesting information. As we have promised, we present brief statistics on the trading results of the second week of the Automated Trading Championship 2012.

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average result of each trading deal.

[​IMG]

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Second Week Minutes.

#13     Oct 19, 2012
  4. was this the competition that actress michelle williams won some years back?

#14     Oct 20, 2012
  5. Automated Trading Championship 2012: Third Week - Current Leaders Identified

The third week of the Championship has not changed our TOP-10 significantly. Seven participants out of ten ones have remained in the list. The first two places are still occupied by ROMAN5 and JPAlonso. However, they have switched places and their trading accounts have increased.

Most currency pairs showed a trend on H4 last week with a slight turn on Wednesday. It seems that such a behavior is quite suitable for the current leaders. Most of them trade EURUSD. USDCAD has turned out to be the most unstable pair. This is the pair traded by AlexRod (Russia). It is perhaps for this reason that his trading robot has left TOP-10.

[​IMG]

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Third Week: Current Leaders Identified.

#15     Oct 22, 2012
  6. Automated Trading Championship 2012: Interview with Egidijus Bockus (Egidijus)

Hello, Egidijus! Tell us a little about yourself.
    Hello! I live and work in Lithuania. I received a degree in economics.

I've been installing, programming and consulting in the area of business management systems for 15 years. I have also created and adapted special financial modules for manufacturing business.

It is the fourth year already that I've been working on Forex. I have reviewed the work of more than 1 000 various Forex indicators and robots. I have revealed the principles of the profitable automated trading and developed ForexTraderisPro program based on several different strategies. I constantly develop new profitable strategies and enhance my program trying to increase profit and reduce investment risks.

How did you start your Forex activity? Was it your education that sparked your interest in this market?
    Yes, probably. I studied shares and options at the university. I traded them for some time and then switched to more stable work. Four years ago I became interested in that again but I wanted to try the more liquid Forex market that time.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Egidijus Bockus (Egidijus).

#16     Oct 23, 2012
  7. Automated Trading Championship 2012: Championship's Third Week Minutes

We continue to publish our brief weekly reports displaying dynamics of the Championship currency pairs. Pound and Yen are main "heroes" of our today's Minutes. We present statistical data on trading results shown by the Championship's participants during the third week.

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average result of each trading deal.

[​IMG]

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Third Week Minutes.

#17     Oct 26, 2012
  8. Automated Trading Championship 2012: All Is Well for Now

Twenty trading days of the first month of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 are over, and we have already got used to the current leaders. The first two places are still occupied by mysterious JPAlonso (USA) and ROMAN5 (South Africa). Both had no losses up to the last day of the last week when the long position having 15 lots at JPAlonso's account was closed by Stop Loss. However, his trading robot has opened the new long position with the same maximum volume after three minutes.

Such persistence has seemed to be justified at the time, as the robot has entered the weekends having the floating profit exceeding $6 500. We have not yet been able to find out why the Expert Advisor called El Trader is acting in such an extravagant way. Its developer does not appear on the Championship website and keeps silence.

[​IMG]

Read the full text of the news on the Championship's website - Fourth Week: All Is Well for Now.

#18     Oct 29, 2012
  9. Automated Trading Championship 2012: Interview with Matúš German (gery18)

It's the second time Matúš German participates in the Automated Trading Championship. By the end of the fourth week of ATC 2012 his Expert Advisor has been holding its positions in the TOP-10 having about $30 000. Matúš is from Slovakia, from the little town Bardejov. "I came to trading when I was looking for an opportunity to work through the Internet, I knew that it is possible to make money with stocks but I was interested in the possibilities to trade using only technical analysis" he said.

[​IMG]

Greetings! It's nice to meet you again among the Championship Participants. What were the most notable events in your life and trading experience for the last year?
    For the last year, I have destroyed 2 Forex accounts but I think that I have found my "Holy grail". Of course, it is not the system that I have submitted to the Championship, as it must be very risky to have a chance to win and I cannot check the system in the Championship to optimize it for the current market.

You were at 183rd place in the Automated Trading Championship 2011. What experience did you get from it?
    It was no surprise to me. In such a competition the system must be very risky to have a chance to win. But I was glad that the system worked without problems.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Matúš German (gery18).

#19     Oct 30, 2012
  10. Interview with Anton Nel (ROMAN5)

Anton, please tell us a little about yourself. This is your first championship, but apparently you have a rich experience in trading.
    Yes, this is indeed my first Championship. I have worked as a software developer for the past 20 years in the engineering, medical, educational and financial sectors. In my personal capacity I have been trading online for the past 10 years. My love for finance and software development makes the perfect combination for the development of automated trading systems. In my spare time, I enjoy sports. My favorite sport at the moment is Squash, and I play 3-4 times a week.

Judging by deals, your EA is always in the market. It also does averaging if price is going in wrong direction. Does it enter the market by oversold/overbought CCI? Why do you use Heiken Ashi?
    I have experimented with different Expert Advisors, but chose to enter current one for the competition, because it stays in the market, so there are no "dead" moments. Something is always happening. If the price goes in the wrong direction, I work on averaging or Stop Loss depending on the situation.
    I use oversold/overbought CCI to enter the market and Heiken Ashi to exit. Heiken Ashi performed better than CCI on the back test, so that's why I opted to go with that indicator to exit the market.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Anton Nel (ROMAN5).

#20     Oct 31, 2012