Automated Trading Championship 2010

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Fat, Apr 13, 2010.

1. could i have the exact G.P.S. co-orordinates of this location so i can order the us seventh fleet to issue an immediate all out napalm strike against this venue and all that it stands for.

eagerly awaiting the co-ordinates.

#11     May 28, 2010
  2. Fat

Fat

you can order? Mr. Obama is that you?:)))

#12     May 28, 2010
  3. nitro

nitro

Is it possible to send orders etc to your system through a socket? I don't want to write a .dll and I don't want to write my system in your language.

#13     May 28, 2010
  4. chuzek

chuzek

While it may or may not be possible, I doubt they will allow you to enter the contest by doing so. The contest is presumably to promote the software and its language.

If I'm wrong, I'll be entering the contest too because I don't want to learn the program language either, LOL.

#14     May 28, 2010
  5. nitro

nitro

My issue is not that I don't want to learn a new language, since that would probably take me a day. It is an issue of security and assuring 100% that the code to my system cannot be in any way be accessible to reverse engineering.

It should make no difference to them how the prices are entered, and their shell already acknowledges this by having a .dll interface. I would still be using part of their shell if their shell API included a socket interface. The only thing I wouldn't be using is their language would be for the logic to come up with the price where I want to trade. Their system shell shouldn't care how the order (price/direction) was generated.

#15     May 28, 2010
  6. chuzek

chuzek

Someone already asked a similar question of whether the source code must be shared. The response was:

Of course, no. You dont even need to send us source code files (MQ5). Instead of this you may send already compiled EX5.

The whole security system is made in the following way: two man in our company have access to the participants Expert Advisors to be able to check them before ATC. During the competition - only one man have access to EAs. After the ATC finish all the experts will be deleted immediately. Such scheme was used for three years of ATCs and the participants` EAs were always protected.

PS: we dont need someones EAs. Our main and the only goal is to promote Automated Trading and MQL5 IDE.

#16     May 28, 2010
  7. nitro

nitro

Neither that person nor you understand the issues.

I ask again, does this platform support sending orders to the shell through sockets. I can probably do it on my own in the following way: write a .dll that responds to orders messages that through a socket and also knows how to talk to the MQ5 shell, then within the .dll propagate the orders to the shell using whatever mechanism/API this shell requires. I would then write the actual system logic in C#/C++ and communicate with this .dll through a network on two completely different computers sending it orders. My system code is completely firewalled from MQ5 or whatever. This is the response I am hoping is possible.

#17     May 28, 2010
  8. MGB

MGB

He already answered your question with this answer, "Our main and the only goal is to promote Automated Trading and MQL5 IDE."

Does allowing you to send orders through a socket promote Automated Trading and MQL5 IDE? I think not.

#18     May 28, 2010
  9. nitro

nitro

There is no contradiction with this answer and my question. Sending my orders to an MQL5 script that binds to a .dll that knows how to listen on a socket would make your statement and mine both true.

I will just see if I can download a trial and see for myself.

#19     May 28, 2010
  10. Fat

Fat

The DLLs are forbidden. As we officially stated main goal of the ATCs is a promotion of Automated Trading and MQL4/5 IDEs. So we want to see Expert Advisors made on MQL4/5 only. We are not interesting in others languages/IDEs promotion. I think that clear. Besides, if we will allow DLL, it will mean unfair competition - some participant would be able to control their trading activity manually, instead of fully automated systems. And this is also out of our aims.

So you have choice:
    1. learn MQL5 (if im not mistaken, you said that its easy for you) and try to win Main Prize. The participation is free of charge.
    2. do nothing. Continue develop your strategies in other languages/IDEs, but you will not be able to struggle for the ATC prizes.

i think that its fair enough and its up to you now. Anyway, have a nice trends.

#20     Jun 2, 2010