Automated trade execution question?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by forextrader, Jan 25, 2005.

1. ggg

ggg

TT's one thing, and a clean socket API from linux is an entirely different thing.

TT is in business to sell front-ends on windows, and they do a number of other things to support that business like developing servers, TT NET, professional services, and a reasonable way to automate some things on those front-ends. If you're not going to be using X_Trader, I wouldn't recommend TT. Note that's entirely different than recommending against X_Trader and their API... I've used both extensively, and although they have faults, they're at least as good as their direct competition.

There are other businesses that suck more at front-ends, but are better for direct access to their back-ends. GL and Orc both come to mind, and there's other companies that are kind of hybrid consultants/products companies that'll do it for you too (e.g. Capital Markets Consulting).

Note that all these companies charge 4 to 5 figures monthly for this stuff, including TT. If you're not doing that kind of business, you'll need to find a clearing firm that shares the gateways across multiple clients.

P.S. I liked TT more before they started the patent extortion and rigged "settlements" with their big customers. It's just shady.

#11     Feb 5, 2005
  2. escher

escher

I just started to use DynaOrder http://www.dynaorder.com/ to interface Esignal to FXCM for a client.

Web site says it supports IB but haven't tried yet.

Think the FXCM DLL uses a standard since it is compatible with Refco, Expresstrade.

#12     Feb 9, 2005
  3. AC3

AC3

Anyone using Tradebolt ...... from what I heard using it through Interactive Brokers is a good pairing .........

#13     Feb 9, 2005
  4. Xenia

Xenia

Trading Technologies Launches Partner Program

Will help third-party ISVs develop applications that integrate TT’s technology

CHICAGO, July 6, 2005 -- Trading Technologies International, Inc. (TT) today announced the
    launch of the TT Partner Program, which facilitates relationships with third-party developers that
    integrate TT’s technology with their products. The TT Partner Program provides third party ISVs
    with development support, certification testing, sales and marketing assistance and other
    resources to help them create and market their products. Such products might include analytic
    platforms, trading and strategy development frameworks, black box systems, and algorithmic and
    multi-broker execution platforms.

"The TT Partner Program provides an easy pathway for third party vendors to integrate into the
    TT software platform and take advantage of our leading technologies such as MD Trader(TM), the
    FIX Adapter and our ultra high-speed gateways. Additionally, it gives our customers a wider
    variety of offerings that previously was not possible", said Alvin Tanpoco, TT Partner Program
    director.

www.tradingtechnologies.com/news-releases.asp

#14     Jul 8, 2005
  5. francis1

francis1 ET Sponsor

The documentation is misleading.

The Guardian software is only necessary if you run TTSIM. Fix-based clients don't need any other software and the connection is direct.

Francis

#15     Jul 8, 2005

6. I would like to know too thanks

#16     Jul 8, 2005
  7. tdeuce

tdeuce

go to advanzteam.com......
    been using the software for about 6 months in demo mode, and it's great.
    Only problem is right now you have to use Gain Capital as your broker, which may or may not be a good thing for you all.

#17     Jul 8, 2005
  8. Hi Francis,

Could you please elaborate a bit on this? How do you go about setting up a running TT environment on linux? Do you run this off VMware? I guess that once you get X_Trader going on a linux platform, you should be able to get at the API with about any language by suitable wrapping.

I noticed that TT seems to be very actively hiring linux/unix talent. They may have something up their sleeve.

Thanks,
    nononsense

#18     Jul 25, 2005
  9. francis1

francis1 ET Sponsor

nononsense,

The FIX api is different than the X-Trader api; XT is not required and you can build a stand-alone client.

I don't use Linux so I don't know how to set it up from VMWare but I'm sure TT can help you if you post you question on their forum.

Francis

#19     Jul 25, 2005