Automated Systems

Discussion in 'Forex' started by maria_chen, Dec 24, 2008.

1. An automated system may work for a while. In all of my time in this business though, ive never seen one work consisteny over time. With EAs or a tradestation backtested system it is fairly easy to optimize based on historical data and often that optimization will continue to be profitable for a few months, sometimes longer. however, the market always evolves, and static trading systmes do not.

If there was such a thing it would be the holy grail, a money tree, golden goose, etc. and wouldnt cost $199/month.

#11     Dec 30, 2008
  2. Jayar

Jayar

Maria Chen
    You may be in the wrong forum: after all, this is ELITE Trader. You might try your question at FACEBOOK's group "Finding the Best Expert Adviser" (318 boards). Your EA's may be discussed there. I am following an interesting EA there at:
    http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=6457269717#/topic.php?uid=6457269717&topic=5863
    All levels of questions get decent replies, in my experience. Elite Trader is great with more advanced issues. Good Luck.
    Jayar

#12     Dec 30, 2008
  3. Jayar

Jayar

Maria Chen

I meant to add that the reply from Forexsooth is "on the money". If you are going for EA trading, you should eventually diversify with more than one, and don't let profits accumulate. Use profits to diversify so that you are constantly moving into newer EA's. And, of course, demo test any EA. By the way, that link is to an EA discussion about an EA that requires a MONTHLY free trade to a reoptimized version.
    Jayar

#13     Dec 30, 2008
  4. couscous

couscous

Does someone know how can program an EA? I know I need to know MQL4 though I am looking for sources.

#14     Dec 30, 2008
  5. Jayar

Jayar

#15     Dec 31, 2008