Automated System Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by mohead986, Oct 15, 2002.

1. I have never traded a system live, but I have papertraded them. I am nervous about trading a system because often times I miss a signal or two.

Am I the only one? I don't have time (or patience) to sit and watch tradestation all day waiting for the signals. Isn't there some way to automate it?

2. KK70

KK70

I think some brokers like Zap Futures and Fox Investments will trade your system for you thus allowing you to continue with your regular job. But they will charge extra commissions/fees for it.

3. you would think that any brokerage firm would trade your system for you.
    They don't have to answer for the bad trades, and they get paid for it...SCREW THAT!!!

4. Are there not brokers that provide APIs to their customers? I've heard that CyberTrader has an API. I personally have no experience w/ a broker's API, but I have tons of experience coding. I figured one of these days when I get enough capital to simply lose if something goes drastically wrong, I'll write some code and give it a try fully automated.

Find out about these APIs and learn to write a little code. You might be able to access them with something as simple as VBScript. You might also consider paying someone to write you some custom software that implements your system and the trading.

5. dereksas

dereksas

If you have that much confidence in your system then you can turn confirmations off under Format Strategies (right-click your chart) and TS will enter and exit for you all day long. Me, I only let automated strategies run for exits (i.e. trailing stops). Automated trading gives me the willies. :)

--Derek

6. jsk2424

jsk2424

We have a legitimate Auto Execution system that we are willing to now provide. Would be glad to send details privately. One mroe thing, this is not some cheap retail product that works "most of the time."

jsk2424@yahoo.com