Automated System Development for Non-Programmers.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Bogwaluth, Jul 29, 2006.

1. mind

mind

i am not so sure about the "huge" data. and my experience is that for actual trading a number of complex systems, there is no such thing as language overkill.

#71     Aug 14, 2006
  2. nbates

nbates

Guess it all depends on what you're trying to do or where you need to go.

For example if you're going;

just a few blocks - you can walk
    couple of miles - take a bike or the bus
    state to state - car, plane or train
    around Indy track - Formula 1 vehicle
    to the moon - Rocket

similarly, the choice of tools or language are as relevant and relative.

-imo

#72     Aug 14, 2006

3. i like that.. nicely put..

#73     Aug 14, 2006
  4. rawfist

rawfist

[OT Deleted by Moderator]

#74     Sep 17, 2008
  5. rawfist

rawfist

[OT Deleted by Moderator]

[Moderator's comment: Click Here if you do not wish to see Rawfist's posts.]

#75     Sep 18, 2008
  6. edbar

edbar

http://www.cool-trade.com

Fully automated / robotic stock trading system, designed for Non-Programmers.

Completey point and click trading system with NO programming and NO scripting language.

Also the system is free if you have a TD AMERITRADE account. Otherwise there is a small monthly fee.

Also has a built-in trading simulator so you can test your strategies before going live.

Comes with many already proven strategies, and a community board and chat room where other members discuss and share strategies.

Recently did a deal with TheStreet.com to automate Jim Cramer's picks. Nice thing about using CoolTrade for Jim's Alerts is that your Open-Position rules must also pass before it will buy Jim's selections.

Turn it on (or schedule it to start itself in the morning) and walk out of the house. The system will trade all day doing everything from picking the stocks, going long, going short, adding and removing shares from your positions as needed, all 100% unattended.

Ed

#76     Sep 22, 2008
  7. For those who know a bit of Excel programming should consider using Trading Technologies ((TT), a leased line connection using TT, with TT’s very own Auto Trader will do wonders. Fine tune the program, try to avoid writing VBA codes just one line excel formulas will do. This will speed up the execution drastically. I do not know about the US, but from what I read in ET, hook up with a trading arcade to enjoy the leased line connectivity. TT has a website where you could post questions and they might even help to write a program.
    Downside for TT software is high, around US1.4K a month, but for an automated trading program it is worthwhile to invest in that infrastructure. Good luck!

#77     Sep 22, 2008