Automated System Development for Non-Programmers.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Bogwaluth, Jul 29, 2006.

1. labruin

labruin

guys, don't exchange information with this person named "man". while he acts like he's a professional, he's just an academic who can learn from others but has no talent to take it further on his own. then after he learned from you, he thinks he's better than you, like a tail trying to wag the dog.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72283

#31     Aug 10, 2006
  2. man

man

are you chasing me? i must be dreaming ...

moderator please step in.

#32     Aug 10, 2006
  3. labruin

labruin

does the truth hurt too much?
    asking the moderator to delete the post because it exposes the real "man"?

#33     Aug 10, 2006
  4. man

man

#34     Aug 10, 2006
  5. man

man

get a life and of my trail, kid.

#35     Aug 10, 2006
  6. labruin

labruin

what's the matter? don't like someone calling you out? well, what goes around come around. you didn't seem to have a problem calling out acrary after he left, AFTER he taught you so much.

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72283

c'mon be a man, man. contribute something for a change. top him if you think you are his equal or better. show us that you are more knowledgeable.

#36     Aug 10, 2006
  7. Trustme

Trustme

I regularly follow posts by a handful of people who (at least in my opinion) provide value to this board. Man - among a couple of others - is one of them.

Your hatred is completely uncalled for. I think there is a high correlation in life, not just in trading, between discipline and achievement. This includes the discipline to keep your emotions and negative feelings towards others in check.

Just my two cents. By the way I am surprised man draws this kind of fire and not other far more controversial people (nononsense can you hear me?).

TM

#37     Aug 10, 2006
  8. Trustme

Trustme

Trying to get this thread back on topic....

I am surprised that so many people turn their attention to mechanical trading up to the point where they want to invest hundreds or more hours in learning programming languages. I am an humble student and I will probably be one for the next 20 years but in my opinion people who think mechanical trading is easier or some kind of shortcut are up for a surprise.

Maybe it's the statistic (whoever came up with it) that system traders have a higher chance of success. I have another one for you. I recently watched an Ironman event. The next day I read the statistic that 93% of the starters finished the event. What do you think is the finishing rate of a marathon? I don't know it but I guess it's around 50%.

So maybe if you fail to run marathons, try a triathlon next.

TM

#38     Aug 10, 2006
  9. man

man

Trustme

appreciate it.

thnx

#39     Aug 10, 2006
  10. man

man

Trustme

the real advantage of system trading is that you can constantly increase your sharpe ratio. or whatever risk-return figure you might look at. you need to develop faster than systems vanish. if you have that in place you still have to invest time, but you are constantly getting better. that is the charme and the challenge of systemtrading.

people who think they build something and than retire with it, are already dead, they just have not realised.

the other thing is that with a set of diversified systems you are more likely to survive the appearance of the inevitable black swan.

flipe side is that it is really hard to continually build non correlated systems. quite difficult not to end with just variations of the same idea again and again.

#40     Aug 10, 2006