Automated Stock Trading For Beginners

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by pato145, Nov 11, 2010.

1. pato145

pato145

Just wondering if anyone knows of any automated trading software that is user friendly for beginners? I'm new to investing but sold on automation- afterall computers are definately here to stay...

Looked at a handful of companies, but all seem a little complicated/over my head. Does anyone have any reccomendations that are good for newbies? Any help would be appreciated.

I've looked at Ninja Trader, CoolTrade, Think or Swim, Tradestation... Which of these do you reccommend and why?

2. Eight

Eight

Ninja is documented so clearly and with example code for virtually every single thing their scripts can do. If you are going to learn to program that is the place to start.

3. pato145

pato145

Thanks, but I'm not a programmer, nor do I have the time to learn to program...

4. This is like saying...
    I don't know how to use a scalpel...
    And I don't know much about basic science or medicine...
    Nor do I have the time (10 years) to learn...
    But I want to perform brain surgery on my cat ASAP...
    Is there some software or "Neurological Surgery For Dummies" out there?

In other words... par for the ET course.

5. I have heard I believe SinkOrSwim is drag and drop type. I haven't used it personally myself.

I also believe TD Ameritrade has something similar where you do not have to know how to program.

If you are above 6th grade intelligence level there is an AUTOMATED WORKSHEET SYSTEM FOR TRADING with Sierra Charts that I have personally used. Works very well for most programs, although will not do everything. You just need to know basic excel math

Example

= AND ( b1 > 5 && c1 > 5)

Good luck

6. If you are an investor - instead of an active trader - do you really want to automate your trading? Are these intraday trading signals really so important to you?

7. sjb145

sjb145

I use TradeOnAUTO. It lets you set your own strategy so long as you are comfortable with their general methodology. The support is good as well.