Automated Platforms

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by themickey, Dec 5, 2011.

1. themickey

themickey

I went the way of SierraCharts and IB.
    At first I found SierraCharts was rather difficult to get my mind around but actually in practice was very easy.
    I've been using/coding Amibroker for a few years and SC is more user friendly imo.
    All up the SC / IB combination has worked well but still using SIM so not live trading yet. I'm all ready to go live with my auto system however I've just relocated from QLD to WA (Queensland - Western Australia) so awaiting to get settled first into a house.
    IB concerns me re going belly up (like MF Global) as IB's share price chart is in decline and concerns me enough to also want to sit it out just a bit longer. I'm thinking of using DeepDiscountBrokers in their stead.

Re coding an auto system, I've found the more you code the easier it gets, amazing what great ideas pop up.
    When I'm coding in full enthusiastic mode I get out of bed around 2-3AM and work up until 6AM then go to work for the day. Best inspriations come to me early AM. I love coding more than trading, love the maths challenges.

#21     May 30, 2012
  2. I spent 2-3 years trying all kinds of different platforms with various levels of success, and I can honestly say that if it takes you 1-2 years to program your own system, just write your own and build it.

#22     May 30, 2012
  3. peleus

peleus

One thing that I have learned when using automated platforms is that to always make sure that you have a stable internet connection. If it's intermittent, there will always be chances that an order could not be receive at the market. [​IMG]

#23     Dec 18, 2014
  4. dont hold your breath. If Anton applies the same understanding of professionalism and speed here as in his firm's userformums (eg. replying to thread questions 3 months late if ever is the norm) then you may wanna hold off with this question....

#24     Dec 18, 2014