Automated news trading ???

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Euro-Newstrader, May 13, 2005.

1. Have you ever heard of a trading system that is not based on technical analisys, but on economic indicators, in other words: a fundamental automated trading system. For example: When the TIC data comes out, the program reads the number, compares it with market expectations and then executes an order if the difference is big enough.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone is even remotely interested in cooperating on such a project, starting in july, let me know. If anyone has info on this subject, please give me some feedback. Thanks

2. That'd do great on typos! :D

Would it have an automatic spell-checker build in too?

What was that last NFP number, 2740,0 jobs added?

I'm interested in overseeing the project if the trading account has more than $50,000,000 in it...

I might be able to write a program for it that blocks out humor.

sKaLpZ

3. FGBS

FGBS

I've heard of an automated trading system linked to the numbers coming up in the figures screen, been around for ages but hasn't been the money maker that you'd expect.

Also a link to a reuters screen that has automated buy sell orders for multiple "hot words" in one line... ie Explosion + Bush, ECB rate hike, are all pretty simple setups to make.

Good luck,

FGBS

4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Phrase catching is a loosing proposition. We have tried that. The only successful news reader we have built is based on LSA and that is what we are currently running. It has over 70% accuracy in detecting immediate bias of the market.

5. I pray to god these systems are here to stay :)

6. flakac

flakac

I haven't heard yet but I think about such a system for a long time.... I can imagine what I need (=what is necessary according my opinion) for development. The problem is I haven't appropriate tools. Programming from scratch is a nonsense and waste of time. You need expensive commercial tools not well known and used in trading community.
    If you can afford/obtain such a tools as SAS Text Miner and SAS Enterprise Miner, + (SAS Bloomberg adapter) (www.sas.com) +... then you have good chances. ...

7. skaranam

skaranam