Automate A Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kiwiautotrader, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Hi there,

After posting a message on the Automated trading and navel gazing over the responses (from people that are far more experienced than I), I am looking at the possiblity of changing tact.

As such, I am wondering if there is anyone out there with a consistent profitable strategy that is interested in investigating the possibility of porting that strategy to an automated trading system.

I have a definite interest in automated trading and many years experience writing commercial applications, but appear to be lacking in the skills to create a profitable strategy. Maybe there is someway we could work together to help each other.

If this is something that might interest you, please get in touch.

Many thanks,

Kiwi.

2. travis

travis

If you can program, it will be easy. The hardest part for me was to learn some basics of programming (in easylanguage).

Keep it simple. Use time of the day, day of the week, high, low, close as parameters. Mess a little bit around with them and you'll come up with something.

You can back-test on tradestation. The data is not too expensive. I recommend disktrading.com.

You can do it all by yourself since you are already a programmer. I'd advice an account with Interactive Brokers, and you can start immediately trading your automated strategy with excel.

You could do everything in about a month. Instead, for those who can't program, it would probably take a few years (that's what it took me).