Auto Trading? Set your Time Server to this.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by adadadog, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Speaking for myself... Suppose you have disk drive issues, or a network problem... these events can and will disrupt your trading... but disk drive problems don't come with their own timestamps... you have to rely on information in syslog... so if you see data gaps on your charts, you can check the logs to determine whether there is a correlation between the gaps and potential issues with your server.

#11     Sep 28, 2010
  2. How do I implement this to connect to the CME time servers on my Windows 7 on Windows 2008 Server machine? Could you please proivde a summary step-by-step routine.

Thank you.

#12     Sep 29, 2010
  3. GTS

GTS

Read this: http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7ma...-sync-system-clock-with-internet-time-how-to/

You can put whatever server address you want in the "Server" field so that windows will use NTP to sync with that server.

If your windows machine is already sync'd with an accurate NTP server (the Windows defaults) I find it very doubtful that you will see any difference sync'ing with CME's time server (which presumably is also sync'd with a very accurate time server)

#13     Sep 29, 2010