Auto Trading Idea

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by frostengine, Jun 18, 2010.

1. MillieJ

MillieJ

I just received the following email stating that:" from now on, rebates earned during a month with a negative overall Monthly PnL will not be paid out to Signal Providers. To see a detailed description of the new compensation scheme please visit our Signal Provider's Guide. "

Pretty major change in the policy!!

#91     Nov 16, 2011
  2. markjason

markjason

Everyone wants something that works right now and makes money every day without taking the time to develop a strategy. The problem with this approach is that if you trade a strategy profitably for a while and then you run into a drawdown (they are inevitable), you’ll give up on it precisely you haven’t done the work required to develop it. Drawdowns are valuable learning opportunities but you have to be willing to swallow your pride and be humble – if not then the market will gladly humble you forcibly.

#92     Nov 16, 2011
  3. MillieJ

MillieJ

Two major really good updates on the platform - providers are not going to be paid anymore on negative monthly pnl and the ranking algorithm was redefined!! I think we are to see much changes in the upcoming month. :D

#93     Nov 24, 2011
  4. MillieJ

MillieJ

Not to advertise, but Zulutrade also updated the auto-mode features, making auto-forex much easier :D :D :D

#94     Nov 29, 2011
  5. gsgs

gsgs

but I didn't find how to select successful Zulu-strategies
    looks almost random

#95     Nov 29, 2011
  6. A comment or two on neural nets:
    1) everyone seems to be in awe of the technology....and they don't concentrate on the outcome of the model
    2) NN's do a great job of curve fitting with the input data and given optimized solution of max profit $ or highest sharpe ratio.

#96     Nov 29, 2011
  7. #97     Nov 29, 2011
  8. Signal services are for SUCKERS looking for the easy way to making money. There is no easy way unless you have a few million dollars to invest in a HFT setup.

If those signal services were really any good they wouldn't be wasting their time selling their signals to others.

People who don't want to invest the time and patience to learning the basic principles of trading(fundamentals/market psychology, support and resistance, and price action) have absolutely NO business trading the markets.

#98     Nov 29, 2011
  9. gsgs

gsgs

I did monthly statistics for collective2 which was
    also disappointing.
    Until Sept. it seemed that 1000-rated strategies did perform
    well, but then they lost overproportional.

#99     Nov 29, 2011
  10. fuzzler

fuzzler

I just have started doing auto trading. It's more like following a signal provider and getting some profit share every time a trader gets profit. Any idea though if this can work in the long run? [​IMG]

#100     Apr 1, 2015