Auto spreader for stocks

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by riskreward, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Interactive Brokers does not seem to be listed on the Silexx site.

Are you sure about that?

#11     Dec 6, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I copied that directly from their site.

#12     Dec 6, 2011
  3. Cyborg has an autospreader but if you want a custom autospreader, contact them. They roll development costs into a monthly fee so there isn't a huge up front cost and they don't have a required contract either. If you don't mind using IB or Sterling, it is a pretty good choice.

#13     Dec 8, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Personally, a big issue I had with many third-party stock spreading software providers was that I had to direct the messaging and order flow through that particular vendor's own ECNs before it went on its' merry way to the primary broker exchange electronic ECNs. I did not like the additional routing requirement, and I did not like the fact that many of these vendors were also heavy traders in the stat arb arena themselves.

#14     Dec 9, 2011
  5. On the stock side, I am fairly certain that Silexx, Cyborg or Tradelink do not trade prop. And I think tradelink can just rest on your own colocated server. No network to route through.
    Cyborg has servers in NYC IIRC.

#15     Dec 9, 2011
  6. tradelink connects you to 15 different brokers/DMA. tradelink may run on your desktop, co-located with an exchange, or on a virtual environment like AWS (depending on your desires and your arrangements with your broker).

you can route to any destination that your broker/dma allows you to. many proprietary trading firms utilize dma platforms supported by tradelink (eg lightspeed/sterling/blackwood/redi/etc)

tradelink is 100% open source and free. 300+ developers on mailing list. google tradelink project or tradelink.org

#16     Dec 9, 2011
  7. Yes, and it is obbviously advertised by a spammer. THis is the second post that is not constructive and trying to hijack this thread and contains no construtive information for the original poster except you pushing your own agenda.

is TradeLink really THAT crappy you have to so platantly advertise it?

#17     Dec 9, 2011
  8. It is open source, give him a break.

#18     Dec 9, 2011
  9. I've received a little interest from users on an autospreader. I'm having one coded right now. Should have a beta ready in a few weeks if anybody is interested. It connects to Rithmic.

#19     Dec 9, 2011