Auto spreader for stocks

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by riskreward, Oct 18, 2011.

1. I thought I'd throw this out to the forum. I know an experienced programmer who is thinking of developing an autospreader for individual equity traders. He has worked with some of the top trading firms in Chicago and he has a good grasp on trading. He does not trade for himself or for others.

He just wants to gauge user interest before he spends a lot of time on it. The advantages to you would be
    1)Greater speed since he is writing directly into your broker's API 2)Compatibility. There are off the shelf solutions available but they require a certain front end (like sterling pro) or they only work with certain brokers.
    3) Cost. By going direct to the user, he hopes to offer a value proposition. Around 200.00 a month or so.

Respond in the thread if you're interested or shoot me a PM.

2. mickmak

mickmak

Will it ensure regs regarding short selling?

3. It's been done over and over. Why do we need another one?

kztd

4. Mark610

Mark610

Riskward, it looks you replied to one of my posts seeking partnership. But because EliteTrader does not enable my private box and that yours is not allowed access by other, I am not able to read your message. If you read this email, please send your message to baiwen60610@yahoo.com. Thanks. Look forward to reading your message

5. rosy2

rosy2

6. tradelink also includes pairs examples code which will work on any of 15+ brokers. all open source.

google tradelink project or tradelink.org for more info

7. bone

bone

Redi-Plus, Knight, and others offer this capability to some clients. I also recall messing around with this on IB Pro's TWS platform a couple years ago. I know that Credit Suiisse offers this to prime clients, and there are lots of third party vendors doing it. Bright even has Pairco, which offers some spreadsheet driven solutions to Redi-Plus - but that might be older technology.

8. I called knightdirect and they told me they don't offer API access to clients, at least not retail anyway. The only out of the box solution for retail is cyborg. Or else have something coded custom.

9. You guys offer a fantastic service. If I knew how to code, I'd use tradelink.

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

There is also Obsidian.

http://www.silexx.com/obsidian

It connects with Penson, Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Dash Financial and Interactive Brokers.

#10     Dec 6, 2011