Auto Economics...New Cars $2500 to $3500...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Apr 14, 2007.

1. The methanol experiment was tried in the late 80s and early 90s, and failed. There were methanol-powered cars here in Calif, and I remember a number of gas stations with methanol pumps. The problem was methanol reduced engine longevity, caused more harmful emissions than gasoline until the car warmed up, and caused cold-start problems. After that the state gave up and promoted electric vehicles (that failed too).

#11     Apr 15, 2007
  2. asap

asap

Car ownership data reveals that the most expensive automobiles are owned by the middle class, not by millionaires. The car is a symbol of personal achievements which only makes sense to those that need something that might signal their success to neighbors, colleagues, family, or a stranger passing by. They have to flip cars almost every year to keep up the pace of change in the industry and thereby "convince" others of her continuous success. Meanwhile, they bury themselves in debt in return for this instant glorification and undermine their real possibilities of moving forward with their life and achieve their their ultimate goals.

P.S.: dont forget to checkout the new porsche cayenne 2007 model. a must have for any real successful professional as of today.

#12     Apr 15, 2007
  3. Read 'The Mind of The Millionaire.'

Most very wealthy individuals (when I say most, I mean the overwhelming majority of people have large NET worth), drive older cars, that weren't very expensive to begin with.

I remember Ross Perot driving his 1982 Oldsmobile 98 that had 160,000 miles on it after he sold EDS to General Motors for 2 billion back in the 90s.

#13     Apr 15, 2007
  4. You are so wrong. All over the world people build magnet generators to run their homes.
    The energy are the permanent magnets. Need no fuel and they run forever? But is illegal to sell them. Why and who is blocking it? There are so many ways to control the people, why we have to buy the fuel?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1woSe6UB0c8

#14     Apr 15, 2007
  5. Rocko1

Rocko1

The Irish company, Steorn, claims to have a supposed free-energy model engineered. It was a big deal for a while, I'm sure they'd have huge issues with large businesses.

http://www.steorn.net/

#15     Apr 15, 2007
  6. TGregg

TGregg

The cheaper the car, the better your right-of-way. ;)

#16     Apr 15, 2007
  7. jsv416

jsv416

In my very humble opinion, this is another reason why oil prices are going to go sky high over the next twenty years. Millions of chinese and Indians will be able to afford these little cars and I dont care how good of mileage the little 33 hp engine gets, it still is gonna burn some gas. Multiply that by millions of cars and increased demand for oil is the only outcome. Peak oil MAY or MAY NOT be true, but I sincerely believe that CHEAP oil is a thing of the past.

#17     Apr 15, 2007

8. No, the most expensive cars are purchased by the wealthiest people. Most middle-class people cannot afford a F430, Bugatti, Saleen S7, Enzo, and so on. Those are the most expensive cars.

If you're talking about a $60k car, then yes, more of them are purchased by middle-class people (because there are far more middle-class people around), but I wouldn't call a $60k car "the most expensive automobile".

#18     Apr 16, 2007
  9. atozcom

atozcom

There is NO free energy. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Energy can only be transform from one from to another. This is basic physics. The free perpetual machine do not exist. No one is hiding it, blocking it, or stopping it. The laws of physic do not allow such a thing because it can not be done.

A wind turbine transforms the kinetic energy of wind to electrical energy. A battery transforms chemical energy to electric energy. A electric heater transforms electric energy to heat energy. A electric light bulb transforms electric energy to light energy. The photovoltaic cell transform light energy to electric energy. The nuclear plant transform "matter" to energy. No energy is ever created.

A magnet will NOT do any thing without MOVING its magnetic field across a wire coil in order to generate electricity. You can move the magnet, or you can move the coil. This is a simple electric generator. Either way you need kinetic energy to MOVE either one. It is going to be either your arm, a gas power engine, a horse or a cow. You are transforming kinetic energy to electric energy.

BTW, if you believe in FREE energy: you can dry you clothes under the sun.

#19     Apr 16, 2007
  10. atozcom

atozcom

If the "magnetic motor" is using a magnet to repel or attract another magnet, you still need an initial energy to start it. There will be air friction to slow down the wheel air and friction in the wheel bearing and eventually come to a stop. The test is hook the output shaft with a load such as the transmission of a car or a generator.

If it is illegal to sell this particular engine it is because it is a fraud.

#20     Apr 16, 2007