Auto A/c question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gunslinger, Aug 30, 2006.

1. volente_00

volente_00

I 100% agree, I have used the 2 part leak sealer kit from WMT in 10 vehicles that had leaks. All but 1 of them quit leaking. The one that still leaked had 298k on the original comp and it went from not holding a charge to only needing a can every 3 months.

#11     Aug 30, 2006
  2. Yes, I'm amazed at how well it works. The system I repaired, a full size conversion van with two a/c systems, had a damaged condensor replaced the year before, with a new compressor installed the year before that. Cost more than $800 for both jobs.

A year later, all the refrig leaked out, again. The shop checked and checked, could not find the leak but suspected the compressor. They said to leave it for a week and they would check it out and probably replace the comp. Est - at least $400.

I was pissed and didn't bring it back. Went to Wal-mart and got the stuff. It's been blowing cold for more than 3 years now.

Good luck. :cool:

#12     Aug 30, 2006
  3. volente_00

volente_00

I have saved many people big $ by using that stuff. There are some vehicles that I fixed 6 or 7 years ago that still blow ice cold and have not needed any freon since. I used it once 5 years ago on a honda civic owned by a friend of my moms. She was a single parent and money was tight. They quoted her 650-700 to replace the compressor. I did my magic, charged her $50 for 20 minutes of my time and $20 for freon and the sealer. The car blew 37 degrees after that which is great for 134a. Not sure what is in that sealer but it damn sure works.

#13     Aug 31, 2006
  4. Most compressor replacements are bogus. What usually happens is that the rubber o-ring seals that connect the piping dry out after a few years causing loss of refrigerant. That happened on my BMW Z3 recently and I bought a recharge kit from Wal-Mart for $28.95 and fixed the problem in 5 minutes. The repair has remained permanent. Make sure that you buy the Arctic Freeze brand as the 134a refrigerant has 3 important ingredients that are not always present in other products. It contains the the refrigerant, the compressor lubricating oil and, most importantly a SEALER that will permanently seal the leaking o-rings. A great product. The kit contains a pressue guage that indicates when the correct low-side pressure has been reached so you don't over-charge the system. It's a no-brainer.

#14     Aug 31, 2006
  5. You guys rock! I went to WMT, did the job, now I have a Lugers dinner coming to me.

And who said chit chat is useless dribble?

#15     Aug 31, 2006
  6. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

you mean "drivel" ... just another friendly tip

:)

drivel  /ˈdrɪvəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[driv-uhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -eled, -el¡Eing or (especially British) -elled, -el¡Eling.

¡Vnoun 1. saliva flowing from the mouth, or mucus from the nose; slaver.
    2. childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle.
    ¡Vverb (used without object) 3. to let saliva flow from the mouth or mucus from the nose; slaver.
    4. to talk childishly or idiotically.
    5. Archaic. to issue like spittle.
    ¡Vverb (used with object) 6. to utter childishly or idiotically.
    7. to waste foolishly.

#16     Aug 31, 2006

7. I say drivel but write dribble, go figure. Maybe it was all the r134 I was using

#17     Aug 31, 2006
  8. Maybe you stuck the pressure gauge in the wrong hole? :) :)

#18     Aug 31, 2006
  9. At first.

#19     Sep 1, 2006
  10. volente_00

volente_00

How much freon have you been huffing ?

:D

Glad to see you took care of the problem. Now that you know the solution, tell your friends about it.

#20     Sep 1, 2006