Autism and Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by toc, Feb 24, 2006.

1. toc

toc

Does anyone know how do autistic people do in trading.....i.e. they have no fear for sure, greed I do not know.

I saw a real world type program on tv where an autistic boy climbed the very high farmland type electric pole all the way to the top and his normal big brother had to climb and hold the kid till the firefighters arrived and saved them both. While the autistic kid's actions were understandable the big brother sure showed the true power of love for his little sibling. Very commendable indeed!

2. Aren't they suppose to be really good at math as well. I think you might be on to something. Lets get a bunch of autustic kids that are around 15 years old and train them to trade. We can then start the best hedge fund ever.

3. maxpi

maxpi

Grob109 claims he has seen some savants do well trading. We had one in the family. He would help us load up trucks. With his directions, no measurements at all, we could load up a truck and make everything fit, literally to where you could not insert a playing card. Some of those trucks would barely move sometimes because they had so much stuff in them.

4. Look up Asperger's syndrome, a kind of high-functioning autism.

5. promagma

promagma

I have a lot of contact with autistic kids at a local clinic. To an autistic, sensory input is a jumbled mess, and they are accustomed to living in an abstract world. Many of these kids, even if they did not have savant skills beforehand, as they recover turn out to be brilliant in areas like music, memorization, drawing and painting ... skills that begin with highly developed abstract thought. So I think yes, they could excel at trading, especially an abstract style such as just watching the tape.

6. .