Author predicted crisis, predicts inflation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Eight, Apr 9, 2009.

1. you have 6.5B people worldwide with only 1B living in the industrialized countries. They are not going to drink shitty water, ride bicycles & live by candle-light. Improving their living standards is going to entail R-E-S-O-U-R-C-E-S.

but ST, IT or even longer term, I agree. Its rare that I have very little work, but in the past few months its been worse than ever (25 yrs in business). No work in December & no work so far this month. my ex-wife's hubby is on 4-day work-week & my sister was actually on the lay-off list until her boss got her "re-hired." she has been with the company for 18 years. Martin Armstrong of PEI says that depression cycles last 20-22 or so years, so your point is very valid on how long is Long Term?

#21     Apr 11, 2009
  2. you should do some reading on Martin Armstrong. Look at the guy's time projections and history of unbelievably timely projections & cycle overlaps.

seriously, do some research - guy is an original thinker

#22     Apr 11, 2009
  3. You obviously have no idea who Armstrong is, or what you are talking about in reference to him. His predictions involved specific dates. He's been in prison on contempt of court (longest in US history by the way) so he can't possibly change them.

Really, if you had read anything he put out when he was writing you would be embarrassed by your statement of "making a prediction for the last 10 years."

Speaking from personal experience in late 2006, seeing his specific dates made for 2007 and beyond at a minimum saved me from losing 50% plus of my retirement account because I went from buy and hold to swing trading my 401K. His dates matched other important cycle researchers I follow. So the decision to exit my long term trades was easy.

#23     Apr 11, 2009
  4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_A._Armstrong

#24     Apr 11, 2009
  5. Eight

Eight

Armstrong was incredible as an academic, what happened when he did that Japanese thing is unreal. He is a patriot, maybe some big money came in to screw his life up and he responded badly. They sure screwed up his life after that, no constitutional rights at all, forget it...

#25     Apr 11, 2009
  6. I remember that he pleaded guilty recently but did not know that it was official. I'm not saying the man is a saint, however, something smells fishy about the whole case, i.e. there is no case. Contempt of court for 7 years? Come on!

#26     Apr 11, 2009
  7. I would disagree that 'they' screwed up his life, he did that to himself. He was running a Ponzi scheme and he didn't want to cooperate. This is like Berni Madoff not cooperating and expect to get out of jail.

This whole fraud conviction begs the question of how effective was his cycle analysis that he had to run a Ponzi scheme.

#27     Apr 11, 2009
  8. I looked at this pretty closely back in 2006 and 2007. The man is a genius. I don't know if I buy the CIA angle, BUT it is obvious that he pissed off some very high level powerful people.

#28     Apr 11, 2009
  9. I don't know, but I think I would plead guilty to anything after 7 years in prison on contempt of court. That would more than indicate to me that something isn't working right regarding the constitution and that I'd better take whatever "deal" I was offered.

I'm surprised you mention the fraud conviction as the basis for your argument. Kind of weak.

Duress: in law, actual or threatened violence or imprisonment, by reason of which a person is forced to enter into an agreement or to perform some other act against his will. (Columbia Encyclopedia)

#29     Apr 11, 2009
  10. Armstrong's next important date in consumer confidence peaks here very shortly--let's see what happens.

#30     Apr 11, 2009