Austrian man loses money speculating financial markets and kills family

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Drew07, May 14, 2008.

1. Drew07

Drew07

2. That's brutal. Maybe he was deep in the red with the loan sharks as well.
    EDIT: WTF I read the story and thought that he killed himself also. What a nutbar. To top it off he was a public relations consultant. He might need some of that right about now.

Story Highlights
    Austrian man confesses to killing five family members with an ax, police say

Man walked into a Vienna police station in early hours of Wednesday morning

Man says he killed family to spare them shame of financial ruin

Five victims were his wife, his 7-year-old daughter, parents and father-in-law

3. "He is completely matter-of-fact ... almost without emotion," Inappropriate apathy is a symptom of schizophrenia.

4. "He said he'd been speculating on the financial markets and had lost everything, so he ... wanted to spare his family the shame," Braunsperger said.

----------------------------

Doesn't make sense. Killing with an ax is personal. Must be an underlying reason, the loss in the market was the trigger. He probably hated his family before the loss.

5. Drew07

Drew07

I'm going to try to find out if he belonged to ET. That way I'll have proof that I'm not the only losing trader around here.

6. I just want to let you guys know that I am still here trading and that my family is very safe. <3 :)

The guy should not have been trading in the first place. This is an example of why people need to learn to trade using a small account first before starting to trade a large account.

Pension_Admin