Austrian Economics and the Constitution Party

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, May 11, 2009.

1. Eight

Eight

I like the CP party a lot. I know some guys that fight unconstitutionality at the local level, couple of desert rats in the Mojave Desert and they have unbelievable success.. these towns and county level governments roll over pretty quickly when you confront them.The guys have gotten so many judges fired that two cities are suffering from a shortage of judges... It's nowhere near as difficult as you would believe... they are ripping the social services department a new one all the time too...

#11     May 11, 2009
  2. Mav88

Mav88

Yeah, the god and moral posturing I can do without, but this stuff is dead on, I like it a lot

The Preamble of the US Constitution shows how these rights are to be secured including "provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare".

Two clear distinctions should be made here:
    Provide implies actively and financially supporting, promote implies a more passive approach.
    For example, I'll promote that we put on a grand feast, but I want you to provide it!
    General Welfare is not the same as individual Welfare. General Welfare would benefit the people generally; individual Welfare targets a certain segment of society to benefit, such as the poor.
    Providing Individual Welfare is not authorized in the Constitution

#12     May 11, 2009