Australien and Asian Index Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sunseeker, Aug 12, 2003.

1. def

def Sponsor

#11     Aug 12, 2003
  2. There is no info on OSE website regarding data.
    CQG seems the only charting service to cover this exchange.
    Maybe Bloomberg as well, but all others don't have it.
    This makes trading this one very difficult, impossible for most.

#12     Aug 13, 2003
  3. ...this brings another idea back to me. I can remember
    once there were thoughts that IB could one day offer
    a data feed / charting application with tick data.

I think IB has all the programmers, infrastructure etc. needed
    for this. All of the existing charting apps have some weak side
    which makes it some way difficult for the trader to keep up.

Is this still a topic at IB ? I would think it could be another profitable business opportunity.

#13     Aug 13, 2003
  4. Def, are you there ? Many thanks !

#14     Aug 13, 2003
  5. def

def Sponsor

missed that one.

the answer is yes, we probably do have more historical data than most firms offering such services. so at some point it might be possible to do it and do it very well. However I don't think it's anywhere near the top of the agenda given what's currently in the pipeline. In particular, there is an emphasis to offer additional product (our ibrokers and global client base want that. look for an announcement on Japan, Belgium, Netherlands, Canada, and others in the next few days). I'd also add that there are many great programs interacting with the TWS. You say each one may have some weak side. Many of those firms are 100% dependent on their charting and data services and thus are dedicated to providing the best product. I don't think any one package can be all things to all people. Thus, if we ever went that route, I'm sure we'd offer a great product but it would certainly be deficient in some ways to some people. For me, I'd like to see us offer historical data (which I believe is in the pipeline) which would go a long way towards making the other programs interactiing with the TWS more powerful.

#15     Aug 13, 2003