Australian Housing Index?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by FXjake, Jul 28, 2011.

1. FXjake

FXjake

Too funny!

Can we short Parliament? The Aussie "surplus?"
    If the banks tank they will take the gov't with
    them, as the big four have the "full backing of the gov't"

#11     Dec 2, 2011
  2. here me risk again to post on high for AUD.

Prices in AU have corrected a lot in most cases in 18 mths or so. Sydney is the only place left relatively unharmed. However on adjusted basis is down around 10%. Also high end is suffering more suggesting more falls to come in all price brackets.

My analysis shows that in good suburbs prices go up 4% p/a logterm. Some people claim large percentages which is possible, lottery winners are also publicised and we know the odds. Other source is if someone has inside info and knows where large projects will start and sometimes timing.

These graphs of price increases you see are not real. It is probably measure of price per property which includes more and more luxorious places, renovations etc.

Look at similar countries US, GB... Both slashed their ccy value. So betting short AUD should do.

#12     Dec 2, 2011
  3. More and more McMansions, not enough trailer parks. Affordable ones, at least.

#13     Dec 2, 2011
  4. mcmansions will become unsellable in coming global property deflation.

After all QE shots have been fired.

#14     Dec 2, 2011
  5. I don't know what QE is, but I stand by my judgment. It's simple-it's an artificial market, based on selling more raw commodities-where no other industry can, in an economy roughly the size of California.
    Methinks, you are overlooking the obvious, re; global property deflation, anything is sellable at the right price. If it happens "quickly", than I could afford a condo in Honduras-but would I want to live there?

#15     Dec 3, 2011