Australia thinks the US is a joke under Biden

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PintoFire, May 3, 2021.

1. "God Help Me" - AU News Anchor

jem, WeToddDid2 and FortuneTeller like this.
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Its obvious this guy is a very conservative commentator. But it was an excellent video. I love the Aussies.

3. This Aussie "knows" the US is a joke under Biden.

WeToddDid2 likes this.
  4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

He represents Australia?

5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...-record-lows-under-trump-20200915-p55vmi.html

upload_2021-5-3_16-10-25.png

Washington: Australians' perceptions of the United States have plummeted over the past year, with three in four Australians saying they have no confidence President Donald Trump will do the right thing for the world.

The findings are contained in a new study by the Pew Research Centre, to be released on Wednesday (AEST), that compares attitudes towards the US in 13 countries across Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific.

Australians' support for the US peaked in 2013, the start of Barack Obama's second term, with 66 per cent of respondents saying they had a favourable perception of our most important military ally.

Just 23 per cent of Australians said they had confidence in Trump to do the right thing for world affairs, down from 35 per cent the previous year.

In Barack Obama's final year in office 84 per cent of Australians said they had confidence in him to do the right thing for the world. Just 23 per cent of Australians had confidence in George W Bush during his final year, which was dominated by the beginning of the global financial crisis.

themickey likes this.
  6. Yes, this man collectively represents Australia in all of it's thinking!

[​IMG]

7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Just 23 percent of Australians said they had confidence in Trump to do the right thing for world affairs, down from 35 per cent the previous year.

themickey likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

And in Canada, Trump's approval rating was 13% at the start of his term and as he progressed Canada's confidence in the US as a whole dropped to record lows. I'm not sure that some Americans know how badly Trump and America under Trump were perceived outside of their borders.

I don't know a lot about Biden but so far he ( or his team, whomever is calling the shots ) seems pretty capable and rational compared to many recent American Presidents. The vaccine rollout has been impressive, he's reestablishing good relationships with the rest of the world, there seems to be less conflict in the world in general right now ( the perception of what Biden represents is helping ).

10. [​IMG]

#10     May 3, 2021