Austinp, you said you would never post again ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by virgin, Mar 25, 2007.

1. <b>ES</b>, I'm done here. Said what I had to share, and I do not sucker into the horse-beating games so rampant in this forum these days.

Have a great weekend, and stay on the right side of that YM this week!

#11     Mar 25, 2007
  2. austinp

Thank you for reading. and guests and newcomers, ET can be a very great place and it is.

Where can you go to get honest and sometimes abrupt commentary from professional traders and experienced retail traders....You can hobnob with the Elite here...

ET is simply the best and Austin I am admonishing you to not leave ET, as we need your commentary...

Of course everyone realizes that ET is not a free advertising ground for charlatans...so leave your wares at home guests... and lets get down to discussing trading....

This is a fully moderated playground for you, including the PM's and no one will abuse their privledge here as guests and I can assure you that you will not be innundated with spam here...so lurkers join!...guests...contribute!...and learn from everybody ok? :) May I remind us, that there is a complain button in the bottom lower right of EVERY post here...USE IT. There is a team of moderators standing by...now enjoy and please visit often.

Austinp thank you for the well wishing and you are very welcome here as you have always been....everybody please follow the rules and excuse me for butting in...

ElectricSavant.

#12     Mar 25, 2007
  3. <i>"no offense, austin. however, ET is huge in the world of active traders. its far from a "small pond" in this demographic.

regards, surf"</i>

Surf, always a pleasure :)

In no way do I mean to disparage ET. At all. However, the true viewership does not appear huge. There are several large public sites that you (or any trader) could post in that cost nothing OR ACTUALLY PAY to post pertinent, educational content. That would mean educational, how-to based content... which likewise attracts people serious about trading as a profession.

For anyone who wants to promote = conduct business, contributing to several other professional online venues would get far more eyeballs at no cost or even paltry checks in the mail. Compare that to the structure of this forum. ET can be a nice place to pop in and visit, no different than the local neighborhood pub.

Leave one alias per heartbeat, eliminate the rest.

Count all unique users who have logged in within the past 60 days. Ignore the rest.

Eliminate all posts - clicks in the forums not related in any way to trading.

Recalculate true serious-trader viewership based on that.

How "huge" do you think ET is? I have my own opinion, please conclude yours. I would imagine any paid sponsor would like to know how many unique users with sincere interest in trading products - services they are exposed to. Multiple, myriad usernames and some number who have zero interest in trading are not target-rich environments.

#13     Mar 25, 2007
  4. mujoh

mujoh

So why don't you simply delete the whole thread from the beginning...it has no value when it comes to trading.

#14     Mar 25, 2007
  5. These sorts of actions will be considered, but I am not that sort of moderator. Perhaps reading this thread and my contributions might get the intended mileage...lets leave it for a while...

Now I have a question...Why can't the adults here post accordingly and follow the rules of conduct? we are all adults here right?

Michael B.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87304

#15     Mar 25, 2007
  6. virgin

virgin

Sorry, I agree this belongs in chit chat or a similar forum but it looks like you all miss the point, nowhere did I say that austinp is not welcome or should not post anymore, the discrepancy between what he says (I will NEVER post.....) and what he does (posting over and over gain) is just a fact

#16     Mar 25, 2007
  7. rcj

rcj

Well ... ET is "big" enough to attract a set of vendors who are constantly putting up $$ to show themselves here. Just a fact. I dont believe these vendors would be here if they were not getting results in referral hits and business. The number and quality of consistant advertisers and forum sponsors suggests to me that ET must be a significant "player".

BTW, Austin i appreciate your posts re content as well as the way in which you handle the assholes and ElectricSavant. So, dont leave, dammit.

cheers

...rcj

#17     Mar 25, 2007
  8. virgin

virgin

Austinp,

If you want to find out if I trade, let's meet in the chatroom and post some of our trades, ( better than photoshopped blotters) , let me know ..

#18     Mar 25, 2007

9. How is that "better" than doctored blotters? Each party calls a trade. There is no proof the caller actually takes the trade. It might even be the "other side" of the callers loser trade. No different than some of the journals around here. With photoshop, unless the user is a true graphics pro, telltale signs of doctoring are left behind. :D

Austinp, don't waste your time with these ETiots.

Osorico

#19     Mar 25, 2007
  10. rcj

rcj

bullshit.
    Why do you need another person involved to demonstrate your own ability to trade?? Huh?? Just announce what you're going to do and set up the chatroom and make your calls.

... rj

#20     Mar 25, 2007