Aurora & Harvard University Announce Significant New Cannabis Research Collaborations in Canada.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Kastro_316, Jun 16, 2019.

1. http://equitybulletin.com/2019/06/a...w-cannabis-research-collaborations-in-canada/

Cannabis has made it’s way to top 10 most “novel and significant” research directions in Canada, with funding agencies allocating a record amount of funding to novel Cannabis studies. Take into consideration the piggy-back effect Cannabis has on the #2 most researched epidemic, that of the Opioid epidemic, and you have cannabis reaching the top of most active research topics in Canada. However, the biggest issue facing researchers is the policy of the federal government, which limit research to tracking correlation. In the US, federal law has restricted researchers ability to study any potential medical properties of cannabis. However, this might have just changed in a flash.

2. Any billionaire, any wealthy institution, any government agency, anyone who funds cannabis studies has his head stuck up his own ass. The scientific community has already clearly articulated that the use of cannabis is highly limited to 2 core areas, recreational use and as mild pain medication. Nothing else. Not even a treatment for opioid addiction (the chemical compounds between cannabis and other schedule A drugs could not be more striking. There is a reason methadone is used despite all its shortcomings to treat withdrawal symptoms and for long term addicts rather than cannabis) It's not like more research will figure out how to make cannabis plants rain money or cure cancer.

In an age when we are still confronted with starvation, inner city poverty, aids, and especially cancer, putting any penny into cannabis research is one penny less for much more pressing issues. Same with this outrageously stupid quest to reach Mars, one of the most hostile to human planets in our universe.

It makes me so angry when I think about it. The original idea of founders of capitalism and free societies was that ultimately, without coersion, wealthy individuals would funnel their wealth into productive assets. Instead you have the wealthiest man on earth just sitting on his assets. You have a car ceo who feels his legacy must be to ride to Mars. You have the wealthiest University funding research on a mostly recreational drug. It's disgusting and only proves that a system where wealth above a certain level is much more heavily taxed to dissuade citizens to accumulate wealth above a certain level makes a whole lot more sense.

Where are the Bill Gates of the world? Instead we get some shitty Elon Musk and Bezos. They are considered intelligent but squander their intellect on almost useless pursuits in life. All the while the people in the trenches who volunteer and get paid nothing for their free contribution to society never get mentioned and celebrated and lauded ever. A perverted times, culture, and society we live in. I am ashamed to be of this generation. The history books will with absolute certainty judge extreme free markets pundits harshly and ask the question what those people have done to make this world more livable. The entire core idea of capitalism is one where capital is not hoarded but reallocated to more productive assets. Here some über wealthy just sit on it and have nothing else to do than fund some ridiculous space research when a fraction of that funding would actually revolutionize how we turn sea water into fresh water.

vanzandt likes this.
  3. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Wow that's a strong response! Harvard has gone down the drain for sure . But I gotta say I'm impressed with the up and coming generation.
    Baby boomers sucked. Gen x sucked. Millennials seem to have their head on straight!

4. You mean the generation of career you tubers and mobile phone addicts and those with otherwise no ambitions or purpose or goals in life? The generation that is more in debt than ever and is saving up less than ever? The generation that screams to have all their college debt forgiven? We must be living on a different planet I guess.