August 1 may cause a bitcoin crash

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Even price increase is not always indicative of money flow, but depending on what recent time frame we pick. LTC's is higher and BTC is flat. (last 2 weeks)

So that could be indicative of people leaving BTC for the safer LTC, even if just temporarily...

#11     Jul 11, 2017
  2. Hoi

Hoi

Pfff.... trading among themselves will not increase market cap at all (it only influences volume).....

Your first post was "capital is flowing to alt-coins". So on what did you based that thesis?
    Use that same thesis on the current market and you will see that currently the opposite is happening.

#12     Jul 11, 2017
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. Sure it will. I buy my coin back from you for $1.5, my coins' market cap has just increased by 50%.
    2. People stating their moves on Reddit...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    #13     Jul 11, 2017
  4. Hoi

Hoi

Ha.... while you are correct that among all alt-coins LTC was the strongest (Ethereum one of the weakest). It still lost value against BTC. See this chart from July 5 till now.

upload_2017-7-11_19-50-54.png

#14     Jul 11, 2017
  5. Hoi

Hoi

Ha.... I'm on Reddit as well, and also there they currently noticed: "alt-coin value is running back to Bitcoin" (and fiat).

#15     Jul 11, 2017
  6. Hoi

Hoi

And just as bonus, here the chart for Ethereum.
    And be aware that these are real trades between BTC and Ethereum. No fiat dollars involved. So the real presentation from capital flowing out-off ETH into BTC.

upload_2017-7-11_20-5-57.png

#16     Jul 11, 2017
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Still looking for a good thread, here is one for a quick ponderable:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/69xbl9/the_flow_of_money/

And again, it depends on what time frame we pick for an LTC - BTC comparison. When do we think people start their protective move?

By the way LTC this year has been beating BTC pretty much on every time frame. YTD, 2 weeks, etc. Smaller drops after an ATH, faster recovery (actually higher recovery)... Sure you can cherry pick one where BTC performed better, but overall LTC is the clear winner this year...

#17     Jul 11, 2017
    lovethetrade likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

You gonna love this article:

Interestingly, the guy used the same example (FoolCoin) as I did a few post above. The point is, market caps are useless for measuring anything...

#18     Jul 11, 2017
  9. Hoi

Hoi

I know! And indeed alt-coins were extremely strong against Bitcoin. And that's my whole point that currently this is changing. And that's so odd.... just now at the moment of hyper tension and fear about Bitcoins-protocol change... we see alt-coin capital flowing out more than Bitcoin (in fiat terms) and even flowing into Bitcoin.... That's odd. I just wonder why and for how long?

#19     Jul 11, 2017
  10. Hoi

Hoi

You are not reading my post very well (noticed that before). Market cap itself isn't useful indeed (I never wrote that), but the Dominance-chart is very useful and can be confirmed by the charts I showed: trading-charts of alts between Bitcoin all point to a remarkable observation that currently value is flowing into Bitcoin....
    Question is: why?

#20     Jul 11, 2017