Aug Monthly Vols.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TsunTzu, Sep 2, 2009.

1. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Ever declining volume in the Eurex Fixed Income space still being seen. Aug '09 volume of 32,025,325 is down approx 18% on Aug'08 volume. The Year to date volume of 294,384,781 is 37% lower than the same year to date figure of '08. At this projection the final yearly volume figure for Fixed Income would be somewhere between the 2001 and 2002 levels.

2. A growing trend still going the same way.

When will Eurex listen.

Algo trading companies create no new liquidity.

they destroy existing liquidity.

so far i have yet to be proven wrong.

ADAPT OR DIE

ADAPT OR DIE

3. how do they destroy liquidity ?

4. SORRY I APOLOGISE.

THEY CREATE LIQUIDITY AND VOLUMES INCREASE.

I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE.

I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN A BLUR FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS.

EVERYTHINGS OK NOW.

5. Yes how do they destroy liquidity?

The rise of the algos and the destruction of liquidity has been a complete coincidence...

6. Dogfish

Dogfish

http://deutsche-boerse.com/mr/binary/2AE12BE5BF0FC65DC1257624004FAFE1/$File/0908t_e.pdf?OpenElement

Everyone wanted "the good old days" of 2002 well here they are, I'm not complaining I like the bund not being 5000 up. In terms of intraday trading there are still people clipping 1800 lots where necessary and the book is generally true, far more than it used to be. And with the bobl back full tics, eurex fixed income markets are a nice place to be.
    We've been through one of the biggest credit crunches in history and people are aghast at lowering volume.

7. aha mr dogfish how are you.

i agree.

its a much better market.

i think the bobl full tick helped.

for me anyway.

maybe the shatz at full tick would give the marke even more depth and substance as well.

my only observation and peronal view is:

yes i agree the current climate and past 18 months have lowered volume on every exchange worldwide.

but i firmly believe the algo world at the top end does not increase volume.

i see your still there and so am i.

best of luck