Audio splitting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by econdude, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Does anyone know of a program that I can direct audio say the squawk to play on my speakers but I could listen to a chat or tv or whatever on headphones?

2. I have a motherboard with on-board sound that can be configured for playing different sources to speakers and headphones. Your motherboard or sound card may already have this option.

If not, I don't think software would be able to provide it, as it seems like a feature that would need to be enabled at the driver level - so that the different applications would be able to see different sound devices.

The alternative is to install a second sound card - they can be very cheap. The simplest would be a USB dongle type, which you can buy for about $10.

3. On second thought, I'm sure software could do what you suggest, just by emulating two separate devices - I shall see if I can find such a thing...

4. hey - ya i looked for an emulator also. i know it can be done, but im just not quite sure how. let me know if u find one.
    thx

5. How do you receive each of the signals? (via internet explorer, or via some application you got from a vendor)