Aud/usd

Discussion in 'Forex' started by BigFunky, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Chood

Chood

You're kidding, right? That call was a lifetime ago, and correct, I'll add. AUS promptly moved a cent+ south. Like artillery, it's no good to be on target if you aren't on time.

On time and on target, that's the thing.

#271     Jun 26, 2007
  2. cweb

cweb

any new updates on aud/usd?

#272     Jun 26, 2007
  3. Chood

Chood

Nothing from me -- my attention is elsewhere. I'll say I don't get today's rally into FOMC. Probably a head fake. Free advice: sell AUS. (More free advice: you get what you pay for, true also of advice.)

#273     Jun 28, 2007
  4. I've been trading for about 10 years, studied aud/usd for a couple months based on my trading style and entered an order yesterday which leads to this question.

At 19:15, U.S. eastern time, which from my studies is a pretty active time for aud/usd, I had a sell stop limit order sitting out there at .8373.
    I use Interactive Brokers. I saw the bid go to .8373 several time, tick up higher, then go down through 8373, then tick back up to it, then fall and never come back.
    I never got filled.

Is this an aud/usd liquidity thing, or is this an Interactive Brokers thing?

#274     Jul 6, 2010
  5. Oh, and the trade was for $200,000

#275     Jul 6, 2010
  6. And I was speaking in the past. Unfortunately, I did not play that call at that time.

#276     Jul 6, 2010