AUD/USD and Gold

Discussion in 'Forex' started by reach3, May 16, 2013.

1. elisab

elisab

#21     Aug 7, 2013
  2. elisab

elisab

It’s pretty obvious that we should have seen a primary bottom for Aud. The excessively negative sentiment causes strong rebounds like the one of today, due to the first positive news for Aud (see China export).

#22     Aug 8, 2013
  3. koolaid

koolaid

of course hindsight is obvious

#23     Aug 8, 2013
  4. contra

contra

excessive sentiment causes reversals??

#24     Aug 8, 2013
  5. elisab

elisab

Correct. The situation of the Aussie was perfect according to the contrarian to enter long. The graph shows what happens when the short Aud of the hedge fund is too high ..

#25     Aug 9, 2013
  6. contra

contra

I would say positioning is not sentiment though somewhat correlated. Still don't think that is what caused it. All hindsight indeed.

I did not need to see that graph to go long A$

#26     Aug 9, 2013
  7. elisab

elisab

I think that the behavioral analysis is as valid as the technical one, and knowing that all speculators are on the same side is worth more than any other oversold oscillator.

#27     Aug 10, 2013
  8. toolazy

toolazy

why not going step further and say technical indicators try to detect positioning at the time, same as behaviorial analysis.

whoever has better information who and what ==>> WINS.

#28     Aug 10, 2013
  9. elisab

elisab

Trading is exclusively a game of probabilities. We must commit ourselves to seek the right information, but we are still talking of probabilities...

#29     Aug 11, 2013
  10. elisab

elisab

And let's not forget that August is one of the worst months of the year for the Aussie, so I would take advantage of this rebound to lighten up and then back long in September.

#30     Aug 12, 2013