AUD trading oppty

Discussion in 'Forex' started by tracer619, Jul 31, 2012.

1. update: AUD/USD has stopped twice now at my first target which I said initially is 1.0225. I have sold half and am still holding half... looking for 99.

GBP- still holding if goes to 1.5810 I will cover.

both trades have worked out good

blackguard

#41     Oct 10, 2012
  2. I'm short the aud at 233. I think it still has a ways to go

that GBP chops, have a limit in to buy at 5933

can't stay with anything too long these days, gotta take a profit when it is presented

I'd do better just taking the profit and the other side

as much as a bear I am on aud, the only profit I made this month was the brief time I was long

#42     Oct 10, 2012
  3. contra

contra

EUR/AUD flows effecting AUD/USD as well... euro has been cleaner, I've been trading EUR/JPY mostly as of late.

some aussie data out in about 5 mins.

#43     Oct 10, 2012
  4. yeah, A guy on tv today was saying long EUR/AUD was the trade of the century.

bout time for Jim Rogers to get short

#44     Oct 10, 2012
  5. contra

contra

EUR/AUD is fucking tanking... Aus Sept employment plus 14.5 K against expectations of plus 3,750

#45     Oct 10, 2012
  6. AUD needs to go down and they know it. EUR needs to go down and they don't have a clue.

Doesn't really matter. 90% of all forex trade is just small speculators like you and me.

Get Jim out there to start talking his book and maybe it will finally move.

In the meantime, I am just trading the chop.

#46     Oct 10, 2012
  7. contra

contra

jim rogers? that guy is a douche.

90% of forex trade is small specs? Although retail has gained it's really only about what, maybe 8-10% tops? If all retail stopped trading FX, I dont think you would see much of a difference. So if that is the case, it's really the 10% that matters then.

It is moved mostly by pension funds, hedge funds and corps from what I know, and CB's of course...

with data like that from AUS, they now price in less of a chance of a Nov RBA rate cut.

#47     Oct 10, 2012
  8. contra

contra

Also Iron ore, which I recall really dropping aussie down before it made its second attempt at 0600, is now up 12.5% since Golden week ended. RBA just cut last week.

#48     Oct 10, 2012
  9. yes, that is what I thought. I was surprised when I read the actual numbers.

Most of the world lives in small little countries and they exchange currency regularly

they have a hell of lot more interest in EUR than they have in XON (like about a trillion dollars more)

#49     Oct 10, 2012
  10. #50     Oct 10, 2012