Attn US Bond Futures Traders

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by BondTrader50, Jul 13, 2007.

1. You guys need to think about a "speculative book." It's like a sliding window on the 5-deep book.

I gave you a freebie.

#21     Jul 27, 2007
  2. Just playing phone tag now. I will try to contact them today.

#22     Jul 30, 2007
  3. Ok, good!

#23     Jul 30, 2007
  4. Any update about your investigations?

#24     Oct 8, 2007
  5. TGM

TGM

With a Globex terminal you will be able to see everything in the market---more than 10 levels. 5 levels deep is the deal for non globex terminal traders.

#25     Oct 8, 2007
  6. katesdp

katesdp

It's 5 deep max with or without globex.

#26     Oct 9, 2007
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Why do I have 10 Deep on TT as well as TradeStation on ZB and ZN?

What platform do you see 5?

el surdo

#27     Oct 9, 2007
  8. TGM,
    Do you mean currently or with the CME Group merge?

#28     Oct 9, 2007
  9. TGM

TGM

I have not had a globex terminal since 2001. So I do not know the current software layout. But you can see the whole deck---and everything in there. That is the edge of the terminal. Now I do not know if something is going to change or if there has been any changes. It has been a while since I talked with anyone that is still on a terminal. All my trading friends use other software like TT now. Globex terminals are NOT cheap. In fact the cost outweighed the benefits for me and TT worked better for me. But there are still traders who love the terminals.

I will look them up online. You need to either own or lease a seat for one. But I used to be able to see everything in the deck ---way beyond 10 deep actually---everything.

#29     Oct 9, 2007
  10. As of know it looks like we'll be stuck with 5 to start, but they are being pressured by a few firms and many traders to consider a change. My impression through my conversations is that they want the integration to go as smoothly as possible and the fewer changes/enhancements for the cbot products the less chance of running into some snags.

#30     Oct 9, 2007