ATTN: Software Experts..Explorer shutting down...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CoralReef, Dec 7, 2005.

1. I also recommend Firefox 1.5. I have never used IE since I downloaded Firefox, it's far superior.

#11     Dec 7, 2005
  2. Did the JAVA upgrade...so far so good.

#12     Dec 7, 2005
  3. Good - there's been some significant changes in Java since your last version - most are cool coder things though. I did the same when I realized Sun released Update 6 - I was still on Update 5

If you ever wonder which version of java you are running go to Start-Control Panel-Java. You should get a dialog box with 4 tabs. The first tab (General) has an about button. Hit it and it will tell you the current version of Java you are running.
    The second tab (Update) is used to configure the Auto-Updater. I believe the default is for it to check once a month for a new version. If there is an update available you will get an icon showing up in the System Tray which will ask for your permission to download the update. Then it will show up again in the system tray when the download is complete and ready to be installed.

You can also disable the Auto-Updater in the Update tab if you don't like it.

Anyway, glad you're fixed.

#13     Dec 7, 2005