Attn: QCharts Users

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by RandomLycosian, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Mike get Esignal to integrate some real time "Hot List" like features will ya?

#11     Apr 18, 2004
  2. eSignal's data feed quality is definitely better than Qcharts's. The reason I stay with Qcharts is:
    1. Charting is better.
    2. All historical data is available, while eSignal has only 60 days.
    Mike, Please ask eSignal to copy these merits from Qchats. I'd surely switch if they are implemented.

#12     Apr 18, 2004
  3. goslow

goslow

>> Mike get eSignal to integrate some real time "Hot List" like features will ya?

I am sure your request will be read by those at eSignal who work on server-side calculations.

The main ingredients to a hot list are a calculation and a ranking. So, please suggest the calculations you'd like to see done on large collections of stocks, and what ranking makes a stock part of the hot list. Example: sort some domestic exchanges by the rate at which block trades occur, filter out stocks with low float and price, and show the rest, sorted by price * volume (money changing hands), and report the in that order.

#13     Apr 18, 2004
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

need all fork features from qchart , 3 buttons for 3 kind of forks, thnx :D

#14     Apr 18, 2004
  5. goslow

goslow

>> need all fork features from qchart , 3 buttons for 3 kind of forks, thnx.

Good idea; thank you.

There could be, imho, a little drop-down menu for each drawing tool button, into which you would drag/drop your own favorite customizations: "MyBlueLine," "MyRedDottedRay," "My3LevelRetracement," "My15LevelRetracement," etc. To create a copy of a customized line, one would click on the generic toolbar button (e.g., "Retracement"), watch its little menu unroll, then click again or release on a menu item, e.g., "My15LevelRetracement". The drawing tool would then be created as usual, but with customized settings (15 retracement lines, special colors, labels, etc.).

This approach would prevent a proliferation of buttons, BUT give you quick access to as many tool variants as you want.

And, there needs to be a way to manage the collection of such settings, so they can be combined and shared. (A web-based drawing tool registry, perhaps.)

#15     Apr 18, 2004
  6. Here you go:

Hot Lists are designed to scan the market for opportunities and alert you to new opportunities in the market as they happen - to spot the market-movers before they show up on CNBC and everyone else hears about them. .

The lists are updated every 30 seconds. You can see the top 100 stocks in each category.

Hot List - Name Description

US Stocks: Trade Rate - Stocks with the most number of trades in the last 30 seconds

#16     Apr 18, 2004
  7. fleance

fleance

I would also like to see other vendors copy QCharts HotLists. That is one of the main reasons I still have a QCharts subscription.

I use these every day:

NASDAQ Stocks Volume Rate
    NASDAQ Stocks Trade Rate
    NASDAQ Stocks Most Volatile
    NASDAQ Stocks Largest Range

I use these on some days:
    NASDAQ Stocks Very Short Term Up
    NASDAQ Stocks Very Short Term Down
    NASDAQ Stocks Unfilled Gaps

I would want to be able to see this data
    in tabular form with the ability to add additional
    columns (QCharts lets you import symbols from
    a HotList into a QuoteSheet where you can add
    additional columns).

Also, I would want to be able to filter the results
    e.g. price > 5, volume > 500k*%time_of_day, etc,
    i.e. only shows tickers with price greater $5 and volume
    greater than 500k prorated based on time of day.

#17     May 3, 2004
  8. palward

palward Guest

I totally agree with the previous post, this was the only reason I used QCHARTS until recently I could not take their data anymore.

#18     May 3, 2004
  9. Terra considers 'alternatives' for Lycos
    By Jim Hu
    CNET News.com
    April 29, 2004, 10:19 AM PT

Add your opinion

Forward in Format for Sign up for

Spanish Internet company Terra Networks on Thursday acknowledged it is considering "different alternatives" for its Lycos division, according to a U.S. regulatory filing.

As first reported by CNET News.com, the Madrid, Spain-based Internet company has retained investment bank Lehman Brothers to explore a sale of its Lycos operations in the United States. For the past few weeks, bankers have distributed copies of a document to potential suitors outlining a business case for acquiring Lycos.

In a statement, the company said it is "currently involved in a reviewing and analyzing process on some of its operating units. As part of this global process, different alternatives are being analyzed for Lycos U.S. No definitive decision has been adopted so far."

Although no purchase price was listed in the Lehman document, Terra is looking to sell Lycos for $200 million, according to one source familiar with the offer.

Purchasing Lycos would also mean acquiring its numerous "vertical" properties such as financial site Quote.com
    personals service Matchmaker.com, Wired News and Web hosting services Angelfire and Tripod. Lycos also has jumped on the lucrative commercial search business stemming from its relationship with Google.

Lycos generated $98 million in revenue during 2003.

Terra acquired Lycos in 2000 for $12.5 billion in a deal that touted the marriage of Internet access and Web content. But soon after the merger, the company was crippled along with its peers during the dot-com collapse. That hardship was further exacerbated when German media giant Bertelsmann renegotiated the remaining $675 million of a $1 billion advertising commitment it made as part of the Terra-Lycos merger.

#19     May 3, 2004
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

hopefully esignal buy qchart and take over its interface :)

#20     May 3, 2004