attn: LINKSYS CABLE/DSL ROUTER FIRMWARE UPDATE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Zone Alarm? what is ZA?

Michael B.

#11     Jan 5, 2004
  2. From time to time I have read the LINKSYS routers cause IBs TWS socket connection to get real flaky. Is there still a conflict bet TWS and LINKSYS. Is it limited to certain products? Has it been corrected in new models?

#12     Jan 5, 2004
  3. Been using the BEFSR41 ver 2 with the original firmware (1.42.7) dated Apr 2002 with IB for over a year without a single hitch, so I'm gonna leave well enough alone.

One thing about upgrading firmware and BIOSes - if there ever was a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" scenario, this is it.

#13     Jan 5, 2004
  4. Had problems with LinkSys ethernet cards, but not their routers.

#14     Jan 5, 2004
  5. NET

NET

It's a firewall.

#15     Jan 5, 2004
  6. I had a few Linksys routers never had connection problems unless I use specific services that require many multiple connections.

TM Trader

#16     Jan 5, 2004
  7. Jeffo

Jeffo

Thanks for mentioning this. I have the BEFSR11 and updated the firmware. Connection to IRC is now instant instead of taking quite a while to connect. I was also having problems with my connection mysteriously stopping about once a week. Time will tell for that but it's a definite improvement. (I don't use IB so can't comment on that.)

#17     Jan 5, 2004
  8. Well, I am glad that I helped you....You made my day. Now if Longshot would post here and get me off my high horse.....that would just be great......

Michael B.

#18     Jan 5, 2004
  9. I nervously upgraded the firmware on my Linksys.... it works! Thx for the advice:D

#19     Jan 13, 2004
  10. what about the model BEFSR81?

#20     Jan 14, 2004