attn: LINKSYS CABLE/DSL ROUTER FIRMWARE UPDATE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 3, 2004.

1. For those of you with those 4 port routers, model# BEFSR41 Version3 call up Lynksys at (800)326-7114. You need to get your upgraded download instruction that became available 11/23/03.

It increased my speed 25%

Michael B.

2. Increase speed?

Any broadband out there is not even nearly close to the capacity of these routers.

TMTrader

3. Well the major fix was how the router handled the connection. It was sharing instead of splitting....major flaw....just go download it you will see....

Michael B.

4. The reason I called lynksys before I knew what was wrong with my router was because I was getting a stutter on a radio broadcast on the internet.

I never throw away my old computers so I have these 2 old laptops with Window 98 (Compaq Pentium II 333mhz) that I use on 2 of the ports of my four-port hard-wired router.

Naturally these weak laptops cannot handle too much....So when I am streaming in a radio show...I cannot surf on the same computer.

Well, I fired up the other old laptop to surf with while listening to the radio program on the other one. BUT WAIT....still getting the stutter!

So I called Linksys and they told me to do the download that they came out with last month. IT WORKS GREAT NOW. These old laptops are running like Hotrods.(but no match for P4's)

Michael B.

5. Good Work Michael

6. tango29

tango29

will go get it now.

7. chaos

chaos

Hi Michael,

I just called Linksys support and was told that as long as my router was working properly (no problems connecting or dropped connections) I should stay away from the upgrade as it could cause problems with the settings.

I'm not that computer savvy so I just left it at that. Any thoughts from you would be appreciated.

BTW, I have version 2.

Regards,

chaos

8. mktman

mktman

The new version 1.45.7 says it doesnt have ZA.

9. axehawk

axehawk

Thanks for the post. This is the router I've had for the last few months.

10. I am not qualified to debate this....especially with Linksys support...

Michael B.

P.S. You might always wonder if you would get better performance though. Sorry to throw this at you...but being the Savant that I am....I always complicate things...I only want to help and being perfect is impossible, I do not know the meaning of the word, just ask my wife.

#10     Jan 5, 2004