Attn JayF: E-Signal's Erroneous ES Volume on Daily Chart

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by icarus618, Oct 27, 2003.

1. What baffles me about this particular issue (futures volume) is I was told by esig staffer that they were out to get customers from CQG. That's why we saw the improved market profile chart (again looking for new customers and forgetting about the old ones). If that's true, I can't imagine old CQG customers putting up with volume being this screwed up.

#11     Oct 28, 2003
  2. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

First off, I apologize to you and Bundlemaker for the run-around you received on your respective issues.

It is likely that the "not a bug" reference is using the literal definition of the term bug. Just to clarify, in literal definition a bug is some defect in the code that is preventing something from working as designed. Our system is designed to do exactly what it is doing with the ES Volume. Thus in the literal sense it is not a bug per say, but I agree it is a design flaw with our system. I know this is all semantics, but I wanted to clarify where the "not a bug" came from.

Please know that we are strongly considering revising the way volume is handled for electronic futures. It is early in the process of laying out specifications for what needs to be done, so it will be awhile before even an accurate estimate is available. Please keep an eye on that aforementioned FAQ, as it there where we will likely first place an update.

#12     Oct 28, 2003
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Bundlemaker,

I spoke with the senior tech. you last worked with (Mylene), and she mentioned that she's awaiting an email response from you on that matter. If you need her to resend that email, please let me know (PM or email) and I'll forward the request to Mylene.

#13     Oct 28, 2003
  4. Jay, for what it's worth I do believe that you sincerely want to make things right and care about your customers. That's why I'm replying to your post.

I appreciate you hearing me out on this because it really gets to what I believe is the root of the problem: communication. The email I am to send Mylene has to do with an issue related to a slow loading and crash causing layout. I haven't complied with her request yet because I just don't have the time right now to fool around with a crashed computer. Soon I'll get to it.

The alert problem has been brought to at least 3 peoples attention that I can recall. Somehow it just gets forgotten about. Respectfully, I submit to you, that ALL esignal staff should be held personally accountable for timely communication on issues they are dealing with. I mean, like dock a day's pay if they goof up. THis is really about personal responsiblity, nothing less.

For the record, the alert problem I experience is with symbol ES #F=2. Whenever I set a last high alert, it triggers instantly. That's it, and in over two months and several emails and phone calls not once was it ever followed up without me bringing it up again. Note I'm not saying it wasn't corrected, it wasn't even FOLLOWED up on.

#14     Oct 28, 2003
  5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Thanks for your comments, Bundlemaker. I'll follow up the alert issue with an email, and we can go from there.

#15     Oct 28, 2003
  6. Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, it seems there's not much to do about the issue except to accept the fact that the volume on the daily chart is unusable. Regardless, I appreciate your looking into it.

#16     Oct 28, 2003