Attn: Atheist...read the last line of the first post...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Sarah Palin suggests in her memoir, "Going Rogue" that she doesn't believe in evolution.

The New York Times reports in its review:

Elsewhere in this volume she talks about creationism, saying she "didn't believe in the theory that human beings -- thinking, loving beings -- originated from fish that sprouted legs and crawled out of the sea" or from "monkeys who eventually swung down from the trees."

On her belief in creationism and how she debated McCain manager Steve Schmidt about it:

"But your dad's a science teacher," Schmidt objected. "Yes." "Then you know that science proves evolution," added Schmidt. "Parts of evolution," I said. "But I believe that God created us and also that He can create an evolutionary process that allows species to change and adapt." Schmidt winced and raised his eyebrows. In the dim light, his sunglasses shifted atop his hear. I had just dared to mention the C-word: creationism. But I felt I was on solid factual ground.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/11/15/2127676.aspx

2. Facts don't feel. Facts are cold, heartless, and ruthless as they refute her creationist feelings.

3. jem

jem

what facts do you have which refute her statement

He can create an evolutionary process that allows species to change and adapt.

facts are facts. You can not refute that statement without proving how the universe was created.

4. where are her facts? how can anyone argue with "But I felt I was on solid factual ground."?

5. before we can debate about what he could do you would first have to provide some evidence that there is a "he"

6. I admit, that is a great cop out for the creationist...god CREATED evolution....brilliant, really.

7. Ricter

Ricter

Nothing new, it's the "first cause' problem of philosophy.

8. not a problem for me.. nothing existed till my birth. i know what caused that LOL :D

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

No "he", no murders by "him", right?

So if there's no "he" I guess all the murdering must be man kinds fault.

Sorry SOB's.

10. The facts are clear that humans share a common ancestor with apes and monkeys. Indeed, humans ARE apes.

Humans arrived on the scene hundreds of million years AFTER amphibians crawled out of the water onto land. This is supported by the fossil evidence.

It does not matter that Ms. Palin does not "feel" that way.

And as for God, God's existence is not a part of science. Science deals only with that which can be proven or tested. God does not fit into either of those.

#10     Nov 17, 2009