Attitudes on the forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Georgii, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Sure ya don't. Bye Port.

#21     Jun 28, 2009
  2. It was said earlier in this thread and the basics are

Winners are positive.
    Losers have a negative mind-set.

From a Harvard study done around retaliation: Losers intensify clashes, winners avoid the bait.

So reader, where do you stand?

#22     Jun 28, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

4. Agreed 100%.

I made the same suggestions YEARS AGO to Baron about using the criteria that you listed above in order to confirm ID and weed out all of the multiple user names and preserve a certain quality of posting content.

It fell on deaf ears, largely because ( as you indicated ) it would substantially cut down on web traffic on ET. At the end of the day, it's all about web "hits" for Baron. - - - Integrity, constructive and educated discussions, and quality of content ALL take a backseat to web "hits" and activity.

Why else would there be a "Politics and Religion" Forum on an alleged stock-trading website???

It generates web-activity.
    Period.

#24     Jun 30, 2009
  5. zdreg

zdreg

you are showing no respect for the privacy of individuals . i definitely wouldn't sign up with paypal etc. there is already in the US and UK too much private info flowing to the government and unintended private sources.
    as to the politics and religion forum, there are moderators who do not know the difference between economics forum and the former.

it is similar to people who cry out for censorship of the internet and tv because they are too lazy to change the channel. you are too lazy to use the ignore button.

don't be so lazy. if u don't like a poster put them on ignore as soon as u read the 1st disliked post.

#25     Jun 30, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

#26     Jun 30, 2009
  7. It has NOTHING to do with being lazy my friend. It's about making some small changes so as to try and facilitate some integrity into the website and maintain a certain quality of content and posting.

If you have a ton of "aliases" running around on ET ( such is currently the case, with many of them simply trying to generate web "activity" via controversial posts ) you wind-up putting much of "ET" on ignore and the website becomes totally worthless, with no value at all.

Have you ever noticed that there USED TO BE a lot of experienced "veteran" traders that frequented this site . . . and they are no longer here anymore.

Why do you think that is?
    I'll give you one guess.

#27     Jun 30, 2009
  8. zdreg

zdreg

"Have you ever noticed that there USED TO BE a lot of experienced "veteran" traders that frequented this site . . . and they are no longer here anymore.

Why do you think that is?
    I'll give you one guess." landis

they are to busy hitting the button. not the ignore button but the buy or sell button.

#28     Jun 30, 2009
  9. Ummmm... you couldn't be more wrong.

People like Bob Kehoe ( "Longhorns" ) still trade 100's of thousands of shares per day at Assent just as they did a couple of years ago - - - the only difference is that they no longer post on ET.

I'm sorry if you are unable to recognize this important point.

Last one out, please turn off the lights.

:(

#29     Jun 30, 2009
  10. A lot seem to be doing just fine without it. By the way, all

you post is headfakes and bullshit. And some here see right

through you.:cool:

#30     Jun 30, 2009