Attention Programmers

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 21, 2018.

1. PistolPete

PistolPete

Most successful fund ever Medallion Fund , when was open i think fees were close to 50% . Fully mathematical , no code ever sold/shared . It clearly is possible to acheive but just as clearly not easy . Forget everything you ever learnt about markets and start again . Learning to code is the easy part , the maths and pattern rec is where its at

#31     Sep 22, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  2. How so? 30% PA with 15% drawdown is a performance that beats 99% of all market participants. Especially if it is stable and has been performing as such over more than 5 years. I generate around 20% per annum on average and started with 1mln in 2011. Guess where I am at now. I could already sit at the beach, perhaps not in Malibu but there are plenty places I could imagine to enjoy. But I prefer to stay in the game as long as what I have works and as long as I enjoy my job as independent quant trader.

#32     Sep 23, 2018
  3. Guess where I am now?...I could go to Home Depot and buy some 80lb bags of play sand and set up in the alley...

Es

#33     Sep 23, 2018
    Sprout and fan27 like this.
  4. To each his own, whatever floats your boat :D

#34     Sep 23, 2018
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Your Home Depot open at this time? Buy enough bags, it sink your 2 person row boat, of course if it stays in the alley...

#35     Sep 23, 2018
  6. PistolPete

PistolPete

Dont want to burst any bubbles ( or egos ) but 20% annual over 5 years only beats total return index marginally , thats not elite in my mind . ScreenShot1166.jpg

#36     Sep 23, 2018
  7. Who claimed any elite status? My returns still beat most every hedge fund manager, spx, and pays me currently on average 780k per year. Almost all earnings are continuously reinvested each subsequent year. If that's not enough for others then it is their issue not mine.

#37     Sep 23, 2018
    SteveH likes this.
  8. traider

traider

What are the asset classes that you cover right now?

#38     Sep 23, 2018
  9. I almost exclusively trade spot currencies.

#39     Sep 23, 2018
  10. PistolPete

PistolPete

"" Not to antagonize but 30% APR with 15% DD is not cracking the market. ""
    100% correct and 20% is mediocre in my mind

"How so? 30% PA with 15% drawdown is a performance that beats 99% of all market participants. Especially if it is stable and has been performing as such over more than 5 years. I generate around 20% per annum on average"

youre floating your boat and tooting your horn like your elite . dont get defensive champ , facts are confronting . if you making 800k a year WTF are you doing here

#40     Sep 23, 2018