Attention Non-US Residents: Teach Us The Error of Our Ways

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the4xczar, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toc

toc

'but there comes a guy like Bush and screws things up'

GW is a man who is actually a kid with no personal ability to stand on any issue. The EVILNESS behind his actions came from Karl Rove, Cheney and Rumsfeld type ultra conservative pigs.

Who is to blame.................among other things, ALSO Democrats for not standing upto such bastards whenever they get a chance i.e. white house or congressional power.

Let me repeat here...............If US does not act fairly in Kosovo, it will be a mess of gigantic proportions which will make Iraq look like a mere nightclub squabble and see the end of NATO as an entity as we knew it. :D

#51     Feb 24, 2008
  2. Switzerland's economy is sweet...plus their Federal Government is essentially powerless as most politics is locally done through the cantons...Plus no wars for 800 years, that's a big plus and must have something to do with their system....

From wiki...hehehehe:

Switzerland has a stable modern mixed market economy, with a nominal per capita GDP that is higher than those of the larger western European economies, the United States, and Japan ranking 6th behind Luxembourg, Norway, Qatar, Iceland and Ireland. If adjusted for purchasing power parity it ranks 5th. The World Economic Forum's Global Competitiveness Report currently ranks Switzerland's economy as the most competitive in the world.[19] For much of the 20th century, Switzerland was the wealthiest country in Europe by a considerable margin.[20] Its median household income in 2003 was an estimated 96,000 CHF, the equaivalent of roughly $88.422,21 USD in pucharsing power parity, considerably higher than in other post-industrial-countries, such as the U.S., Canada or UK.[21]

Cheese making and dairying is an important Swiss industry.Switzerland is home to several large multinational corporations. Notable among these are Nestle, UBS AG, Zurich Financial Services, Credit Suisse, Novartis, Roche, ABB, Swiss Re, and The Swatch Group. Switzerland is ranked as one of the most powerful economies in the world.[20]

Banking, tourism, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals are important industries in Switzerland. The manufacture of precision instruments for engineering is important, as is watch-making, and the biological sciences industries as well enjoy a high place in the Swiss economy. The many international organizations in Switzerland contribute to the Swiss economy and labor market.

Switzerland's unemployment rate has increased since the beginning of the 21st century, where it stood at a low 1.8% in 2001. The unemployment rate doubled due to problematic low economic growth to 3.9% in 2006 and decreased again to 3.3% in 2007. [22]

#52     Feb 24, 2008
  3. I agree with your statement. I for one am sick of it. I think it ought to be a requirement that before you start bitching about the US, you should name your country and name one noteworthy accomplish by a business in your country, you know, some innovation, etc. The bottom line is the US carries the rest of the world on it's back, and then puts up with the bitching. Let's here about any accomplishment from any of these countries. And I include Canada in that too....strictly a second-rate country.

OldTrader

#53     Feb 25, 2008
  4. toc

toc

'The bottom line is the US carries the rest of the world on it's back, and then puts up with the bitching.'

Are you thinking and speaking out of your ASSSSSSSS! You certainly are!

#54     Feb 25, 2008
  5. What country are you from? Name one accomplishment that you could attribute solely to your country. Oh, how much money does the US give your country every year?

OldTrader

#55     Feb 25, 2008
  6. The problem with the US is that it's not enough that it's citizens think it's the greatest, the rest of the world has to think so too...why can't you just be happy with your country and let other people be patriots too...

The education in the US is a fuckin disaster...the people here are absolute morons...Sorry to say, but maybe 2 out of 10 people are what I would consider intelligent...and that might be pushing it...

The US carries no one...and as of now, is DRAGGING everyone and falling way way way behind...

A country that consumes without producing and borrows without saving..

TICK TICK TICK...a ticking time bomb is in place...
    America will be second rate a la Britain, and Spain, in due time...

It's too bad - if they would just follow their fuckin brilliant Constitution, they might have a shot...

#56     Feb 25, 2008
  7. amylase

amylase

Brilliantly well said PohPoh, I second that.:D

#57     Feb 25, 2008
  8. And a big fuck you from this Canadian right here...
    We've done plenty, including not getting into unecessary wars...

Thomas Ahearn, (1855-1938), invented the electric cooking range and the electric car heater.
    Anthony R. Barringer (b. 1925), 70 patents for mineral exploration technology
    Earl W. Bascom, (1906 – 1995), co-invented rodeo's side-delivery chute, invented reverse-opening side-delivery chute, hornless bronc saddle, one-hand bareback rigging and high-cut chaps
    Alexander Graham Bell, (1847-1922), Invented the telephone in Canada, developed it in US. (Canadian/American/SCOT )
    Joseph-Armand Bombardier, invented the snowmobile
    Gerald Bull, invented the G5 howitzer and the Iraqi supergun.
    Thomas Carroll, first self-propelled combine harvester
    Mathew Evans, co-inventor of the first electric light bulb
    Reginald Fessenden, (1866-1932), radio inventor who made the first radio-transmitted audio transmission and the first two-way transatlantic radio transmission; also invented sonar and patented the first television system.
    Sir Sandford Fleming, (1827-1915), inventor of the system of Standard Time zones in use today
    Wilbur R. Franks, invented the "anti-black-out-suit" (the G-suit)
    Abraham Gesner, (1797-1864), inventor of kerosene; known as the "Father of the Petroleum Industry."
    James Gosling, (born 1956), invented Java computer language
    Sam Jacks, inventor of ringette
    George Klein, often called the most productive inventor in Canada in the 20th century; electric wheelchairs, microsurgical staple gun, the ZEEP nuclear reactor and the Canadarm
    Thomas Edvard Krogh, developed technique of radiometric uranium-lead dating to further the precision of Geochronology
    Hugh Le Caine, (1914-1977), invented the music synthesizer in 1945
    Elijah McCoy, (born 1844), automatic machinery lubricator, lawn sprinkler, the "Real McCoy"
    Cluny MacPherson, invented the first general-issue gas mask used by the British Army in World War I.
    Dr. James Naismith, invented basketball
    P. L. Robertson, invented the Robertson Screw
    Thomas F. Ryan, (1872-1971), invented Five-pin bowling
    Arthur Sicard, invented the snowblower in 1925.
    Simon Sunatori, (born 1959), Canadian engineer, inventor and entrepreneur, best known for the invention of the MagneScribe and the Magic Spicer
    Lewis Urry, invented the long-lasting alkaline battery
    Thomas Willson, Canadian inventor
    Henry Woodward, co-inventor of the first electric light bulb

#58     Feb 25, 2008
  9. toc

toc

Well said PohPoh, thanks! :D

#59     Feb 25, 2008
  10. I love it. Alexander Graham Bell was a naturalized US citizen, originally born in Scotland. Bell was a professor at Boston U, spent summers in Canada. Bell got all his financial support in the US. Had a lab in Boston. His assistant was Thomas Watson, an American born in Massachusetts, who was hired by Bell when he was at Boston U. US Patents, Bell Telephone, etc etc etc. Not sure where Canada fits into this. LOL! But how typical eh?

The inventor of 5 pin bowling???? LOL! Now there's a major innovation.

Then there's Anthony Barringer. British educated. Eventually moved himself and his company to Denver, Colorado and became a US citizen. LOL. Ever wonder why these guys leave Canada?

I'll stop there. Now you got me wondering how many of those guys on your list (other than the inventor of 5 pin bowling, LOL) are actually Canadians.

OldTrader

#60     Feb 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.