Attention Non-US Residents: Teach Us The Error of Our Ways

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the4xczar, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amylase

amylase

<<--- Ironic:D

#31     Feb 24, 2008
  2. SteveD

SteveD

The point I was trying to make is that the US military defeated both Germany and Japan from dictators.....

Without that do you really think any of those companies would have grown into world wide respectable enterprises....

If Russia takes Germany we know what would have happened...

Japanese killed over 1 Million Chinese....do you think they wanted some revenge....

Canada is under protection from the US....eases their burden..

SteveD

#32     Feb 24, 2008
  3. cold

cold

US foreign policy worked secretly to get our french speaking province to separate, our government had to do illegal things to keep that from happening

I personally have reasons to hate USA, but you know what, I don't, you guys made me lot of money

And I forgive you all :D :D :D :D

#33     Feb 24, 2008
  4. amylase

amylase

If the purpose of this thread is put a gunpoint to our heads and force everyone non-american to say "Oh America! my savior! what a wonderful place! Perfect in every respect! We should all kiss its toes!" THen so be it. You have my words. Satisfied?

I will surely capitulate and bow to your superiority if you bomb/invade/plunder/sanction/isolate/bash/etc our country.

We are just some random little people scattered around ok? we suck ok?

America has perfect system. No economic problem, no recession will ever occur. Inflation? never. Deficits? foreigners will pay for that (or bomb them).

#34     Feb 24, 2008
  5. Corey

Corey

The irony of this statement kills me.

Don't be so quick to judge ... maybe you should dig deeper into some of your own politicians and see which societies they associate with ...

#35     Feb 24, 2008
  6. Good job, Cold - at least this is a start. I agree with the "gold standard" issue. I am not a fan of Nixon's economic policies - wage and price controls, regardless of circumstances and intent, was way out in "left" field also.

The 2nd point on the tax loop hole. I own a company and do pay significant taxes, so I am not sure what you meant by that.

This is a good start, but hardly worthy of touting why your system is superior. Again, this thread is designed for the guys who constantly complain about the U.S. and how horrible our economic/foreign policy is. Don't just criticize, provide examples on why your system is superior. Maybe we can all learn something.

#36     Feb 24, 2008
  7. amylase

amylase

Mitsubishi have its roots as arms manufactuer for imperial Japan (grew up fast from that). Best selling & well know Mitsubishi product: Mitsubishi Type Zero Fighter (also known as "Jap Zero")

Siemens prospered too under Nazis.

I don't support either Nazis nor Japan for their dictatorships, but I just want to make the point that yes I do think those companies would still grew big without U.S.

But whether they would be respectable as gigantic arms manufacturer is debatable. Do you consider Northropp Gunmman, General Dynamics or other U.S. arms producers "respectable"? That is debatable.

#37     Feb 24, 2008
  8. cold

cold

Look you just don't understand

you said you agree that gold standard should have never been abolished

but you fail to understand the REASON it happened in the first place. Your entire Political and Economic system is not fair to people it supposedly serves

why wasn't decision to abolish gold standard put to the VOTE

maybe because Americans would vote NO

#38     Feb 24, 2008
  9. Nixon, whom I did not agree with on a host of issues, issued what's called an Executive Order. Should it have been put up for a vote? Probably. So your premise is that the U.S. should vote to abolish the "executive order" power of the president? There are probably many Americans who would agree. Congress has the ability to override an executive order with 2/3 majority - I don't know if they ever have though. We have checks and balances, but if you are saying that the Canadian system is superior to the U.S. system based on the executive order power of the president... then so be it.

#39     Feb 24, 2008
  10. toc

toc

US should try to keep to its best interests.

Getting into the Kosovo's messy politics is one thing US can do without. This really is not a responsible gesture.

#40     Feb 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.