Attention Non-US Residents: Teach Us The Error of Our Ways

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the4xczar, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9999

I agree.
    And while you're at it, don't forget to take back all those $$$ floating around the globe (who's gonna need'em, anyway?), shut down those military bases in my country, and stop meddling in my country's - and many others - politics as well. Thank you.

#11     Feb 24, 2008
  2. I didn't make a distinction about 'innocent' or 'guilty'. But I will now. How can an insurgent be anythng but 'innocent'?!?!?!

If somebody were to invade the US and we citizens fought back would we be 'guilty'? The fact of the matter is, we had no right invading a country that did not attack us first. What we did/do in Iraq is nothing but pure military aggression. It is wrong and Iraqis have the right to defend their country against our aggresson.

We destabilzed a country and now it is in the beginning of a civil war that we created. Whether we stay there 5 years, 10 years, or 100 years or more the results will be the same: a fundemental Islamic regieme.

It will cost us dearly in money (wait until your children see the bill for this fiasco) and all American deaths in Iraq are in total vain.

#12     Feb 24, 2008
  3. Daal

Daal

as far as economy goes you guys have one of the highest standards of living in the world for a country of this size, recession or no recession the poor of the world would love to be poor in the US. you all should lecturing people on rule of law, open trade and open investment instead of taking advice. take stock trading for example try opening a brokerage account to invest on my home country(brazil) your in a rough ride, in the US it was the easiest thing to do it and I know my rights will be protected and my assets wont be sized in order to create 'social justice', the brasilian president announced after castro retired the he is the only 'living levend in the world today' now you dont want to take advice from this lunatic, you dont want advice from the europe(big taxers) or latin america(huge social programs) either

#13     Feb 24, 2008
  4. SteveD

SteveD

Just to add a few facts:

Germany never attacked us..

Seimans, Hatachi, etc etc are there today courtesy of the US Military......

The US has an immigration problem...

The rest of the world has a migration problem...

SteveD

#14     Feb 24, 2008
  5. 9999

Europe is having immigration problems as well.

#15     Feb 24, 2008
  6. amylase

amylase

Germany was in a pact/alliance with Italy and Japan. Japan attacked U.S. (Pearl Harbor), by their alliance treaty, germany enters war with U.S. automatically.

lol please do some research into those companies before commenting. Werner Von Siemens (the guy who invented telegraph machines) would probably be turning in his grave if he heard that:D

Hitachi and Siemens mainly does business in heavy machineries and industrial solutions. Things like turbines, transmission & distribution grid etc. Being in this business for more than 2 decades, I can say to you with confidence that most of their revenue is from supplying to major industrial & infrustructure projects. They have very little link (if at all) to U.S. military.

#16     Feb 24, 2008
  7. I have said something similar...sans the "go to hell" part.

#17     Feb 24, 2008
  8. Joab

Joab

The US has only one problem.

George W. Bush...The worst President in the entire history of the Union.

Take your country back and em beach the bum and the rest of the world will rally behind you and you will regain your greatness.

It really is that simple :cool:

#18     Feb 24, 2008
  9. This is basically a load of old rubbish. In WWII, the US (and Britian) systematically engaged in the carpet bombing of German and Japanese cities, culminating in the atomic bombs on Japan. This was a war on civilians killing millions. One can argue about the rights and wrongs, but to deny that it was deliberate and merciless killing of civilians on a huge scale, is to deny history.

More recently the US engaged in an appalling campaign of carpet bombing the defenseless and neutral nation of Cambodia. Over two and a half times the total of all bombs dropped by allied forces during world war two, were dropped on this small, poor and defenseless nation. Ten percent of the bombing was untargeted. To this day unexploded munitions still cause casualties.

Until Americans as a whole take a good hard look at their own history, and abandon the absurd exceptionalism, they really will not be able to come to grips with the perceptions of the rest of the world.

#19     Feb 24, 2008
  10. dcraig, I'm speaking from my firsthand experience. Are you referring to the same "neutral" country of Cambodia which allowed the Ho Chi Minh trail to run through it so the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong could re-supply their troops in South Vietnam to kill U.S. forces?

#20     Feb 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.