Attention New and Struggling Traders

Discussion in 'Events' started by Brandonf, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I would concur with that. However, its easy to get your money back. If you don't like what I offer and you tell me its that simple.

Brandon

#11     Jun 8, 2005
  2. gnome

gnome

I don't know Brandon personally, but I've seen him offer LOTS of free trading advice over the last 3 years. If there's anyone on this board to give the benefit-of-the-doubt-until-proven-otherwise, it's Brandon. (Oh, and me of course... but I'm not offering anything but needling and smart-ass sarcasm :)

And if you pay by credit card or PayPal, your gyp risk is virtually zero.

#12     Jun 8, 2005
  3. logikos

logikos

I don't necessarily see this as a scam attempt. I know many traders who are successful who eventually teach and mentor students. Trading can be a lonely business, and mentoring gives much needed human contact.

Sure, 5K is a lot of money, but so is telling a newbie to read a few books, paper trade, then go live. Paper trading does not come close to real trading and a newbie can lose 5K very quickly.

Even if the course gives the beginner some great ideas to build his own trading system on, and much-needed confidence, it may save him much more than 5K in the long run.

Just my 2 cents.

#13     Jun 8, 2005
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Read a few books, paper trade and then go live? That's a real plan. I saw LOTS of people trying that back in the 90's who washed out quickly. I'm not advocating Brandon's seminar is good, I have no clue. But the opportunity for me 10 years ago to watch successful traders certainly helped me as I worked to become a better trader. Seeing guys make $40K per day made me realize it was possible.

Would you advocate someone go read a medical book, "operate" on a dummy and then go into a hospital and become a surgeon?

Training and education never hurt anyone is most any occupation in life; in fact for most it's a necessity. I fail to understand why some people want to suggest that reading a few books and paper trading are adequate preparation to trading the markets.

#14     Jun 8, 2005
  5. As always these sorts of arguments could be settled by providing an audited broker statement showing consistent net gains. If Brandon is as good as he presents, he should simply provide these on his new web site and be done with it.

I have no problem paying for advice and training (and have in the past). Most, unfortunately, turn out to be worth little.

#15     Jun 8, 2005
  6. kowboy

kowboy

I don't agree with your advice at all, as you can read so many conflicting and worthless books you will end up chasing your tail and getting no where. A recipe for disaster IMO.

I don't know Brandon personally, but from what I have seen of his blog and his advice here, he has condensed the essentials to an easily understood method of day trading. I do believe he is sincere and straight foreward, and posts his trades usually (but not always) in advance and takes responsibility for the occasional trades that go against him.

#16     Jun 8, 2005
  7. Thanks for the fair and unbiased comments thus far in this thread. :)

#17     Jun 8, 2005
  8. This is soooo easy...

Not just Brandon....but any vendor....

Show your monthly statements for the last 12 or more months...

If you will not do this...then what you are selling still remains
    a big questionmark....

#18     Jun 8, 2005
  9. bmont

bmont

This is the best advise someone can give. Remember, he is trying to sell you something. Let him prove it with statements. Would you buy a business without first looking at the books!

#19     Jun 8, 2005
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I would love nothing more than to present my audited track record to all of you at ET, unfortunatly by LAW I can't do it. I have said that 100 times here, how hard is that to understand? If your interested in investing with me, you can see the audited track record. If your not, then I offer a variety of free trials, a public record here on ET and with my blog etc.

Brandon

#20     Jun 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.